Time machine big 5...

Eddie P

AH veteran
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
116
Reaction score
39
Following on from the extinct animals thread. If you could travel anywhere and any time, what would your big 5 be? They don't have to have existed in the same period. Just existed at some point.
 
Cats. I would love to hunt tiger, Indian, Russian, Indonesian; black mane lion in Kenya, a Barbary lion; and rounded out with a 120 + elephant. I would really enjoy those hunts.
 
100 pounder would do the trick, up close and frontal.
 
Well if you can go to anytime and want a 100-120lb tusk elephant, how about a 200-300lb tusk mammoth? Cave lion twice the size of current lions, 2000+lb cave bear, megaceros with a 12 FOOT antler spread, ancient croc 30+ ft
 
Well if you can go to anytime and want a 100-120lb tusk elephant, how about a 200-300lb tusk mammoth? Cave lion twice the size of current lions, 2000+lb cave bear, megaceros with a 12 FOOT antler spread, ancient croc 30+ ft

That'll be a bitch to get mounted, but it'd look good once done.
 
Mastadon, Irish Elk, sabre tooth tiger, auroch. Only big 4 but acn't think of a 5th at the moment. All done with a classic english (probably H&H) double in 450 NE.
 
A large elephant - those 150 lb class tusks. Nothing else much interests me but that.
 
I'll just go with the Big 5 of today. They got that name for a reason.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,221
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top