Tikka T3 Warne rings fit CZ550?

njc110381

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
A bit of a strange one but I was just digging through my drawer of gun bits and stumbled across a set of fixed Warne Tikka T3 scope mounts. I had a look at them and the dovetail size is the same as on my CZ550. I even went as far as fitting them to the rifle and the recoil pin on the side of the mount fits the groove in the CZ dovetail exactly! Does anyone know if they're the same mounts packaged for both guns? I honestly can't see a reason not to use them, everything fits as if made for the gun!

I own both rifles and have had Warne's on both. The Tikka Warne's have a recoil pin in the center on the underside of the front ring to engage the hole in the Tikka action. The CZ's recoil lug recess is on the rear bridge on the left side. This ring has an extended lug to fit in this recess. Even if the dovetail is the same width, I do not believe the rings are capable of interchange.

It sounds like you have CZ rings in a T3 package.

A bit of a strange one but I was just digging through my drawer of gun bits and stumbled across a set of fixed Warne Tikka T3 scope mounts. I had a look at them and the dovetail size is the same as on my CZ550. I even went as far as fitting them to the rifle and the recoil pin on the side of the mount fits the groove in the CZ dovetail exactly! Does anyone know if they're the same mounts packaged for both guns? I honestly can't see a reason not to use them, everything fits as if made for the gun!

I’d suggest a phone call or email to Warne to find out for certain.

I own both rifles and have had Warne's on both. The Tikka Warne's have a recoil pin in the center on the underside of the front ring to engage the hole in the Tikka action. The CZ's recoil lug recess is on the rear bridge on the left side. This ring has an extended lug to fit in this recess. Even if the dovetail is the same width, I do not believe the rings are capable of interchange.

It sounds like you have CZ rings in a T3 package.

It's a long time since I had a T3 to look at. Thanks for this - I think your suggestion could be spot on as I've also had other 550's in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!