Tikka for hunting? Thoughts in general

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
I once had a T3 Stainless in 308 Win. Great, handy, accurate rifle. I foolishly traded it for something else. Now I have a T3X Stainless 30/06 on the way to replace it. I should have it Monday. Hopefully it shoots as well as the 308.
Tikka are popular in Australia, along with many others. Howa are quite capable and reasonably priced.
When you talk Tikka in a gunshop in Australia they say something t
Like “They just shoot well, what can I say”. I bet some Sales rep came up with that cause I’ve heard it in different places.

I have a couple and they shoot well I’m sure I could practice more.

It seems the maching has close tolerances and they are a smooth action for what that’s worth but they are mostly accurate, remembering many are just a hunting configuration. .

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I was able to shoot my new T3X 30/06 today. I am getting ready to go hunt deer this weekend, so all I did was sight it in, and then shot one group. I was shooting 165gr Remington CL factor loads, so nothing fancy. My last group was around 1", so I'm sure a good handload will shoot very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RufusDiago

Latest profile posts

Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
raamw wrote on krish's profile.
send me your email.