Thoughts on this wood “Heym”

Yo
They sell prettier rifles. Just not for $10k.
Youre right! $13k plus wood upgrades. If I can get the above rifle for a deal I’ll buy but won’t be spending new $ on a used rifle.

Yo

Youre right! $13k plus wood upgrades. If I can get the above rifle for a deal I’ll buy but won’t be spending new $ on a used rifle.
I totally agree; however, I find myself drawn to the rifle you posted. If I weren’t going you know where soon I might be a player on it.

How much is the seller asking? For 10k you can get a new one from Chris and pick your wood. Beautiful wood definitely adds to the enjoyment of hunting with a fine rifle. That having been said, I think the pictures still don’t do it justice. Lighting is better but it’s still somewhat low resolution making the wood look grainy. Bet you it looks much better in person.

I feel that! Keep that $ and enjoy!

How much is the seller asking? For 10k you can get a new one from Chris and pick your wood. Beautiful wood definitely adds to the enjoyment of hunting with a fine rifle. That having been said, I think the pictures still don’t do it justice. Lighting is better but it’s still somewhat low resolution making the wood look grainy. Bet you it looks much better in person.
No sir you can’t..... Spoke to Chris regarding just that. It’s 13 plus wood upgrade.
The rifle the way I want is $13800 but for that I’d buy a double.
Or join @JHT soon!

I do agree though that the lighting is killing the pictures and making it look worse.

It is also my understanding that $10k won’t touch a new one from Chris although he does have a surplus I’m told.

It is also my understanding that $10k won’t touch a new one from Chris although he does have a surplus I’m told.
True. He is down on 404s but does have a surplus of 416s. He told me that he may offer something like a “discount” soon.

Reactions: JHT
The PH model went for $10K when I bought mine in 2020. They have plain wood, much like this rifle. I paid $12K for mine with upgraded wood. It was beautiful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.06.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.06.22 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.06.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.06.24 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Yes yours was gorgeous!! I should have bought it!
If I could buy a rifle like yours new for I would be showing everyone pictures!

Unfortunately I’m only looking for a 404 in the express or 450-400 /450 NE double.

I haven’t bought one in a few years so I’m probably a little behind on the price. They usually have a DSC show special that cuts the price a bit or throws in a scope. 12k with upgraded wood sounds about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg