Thoughts on Craig Boddington?

Well, if you're an Elmer "Magnum" Keith fan like I am, you'll go out and buy as many Magnums as you can find pronto! LOL
@CoElkHunter
Good ol Elmer loved the 35 Whelen loaded with 275 grain pills as well. He actually kilt his world record bar with that combination.
Bob
 
Well, @Bob Nelson 35Whelen, I have a nice peep sighted FN Mauser I’m not using and am leaning towards sending it to JES for a 35 Whelen rebore job mostly because of how much I enjoy your posts.
You might be an influencer yet. :)
@Uncontrolled_round_feed
I have never influenced anyone to get a Whelen.
I may have suggested it sometimes. Have tried to educate on how to reload it to bring out it's best but never influenced anyone.
Dang I'm even a bad bad influence in myself.
Bob
 
@CoElkHunter
Good ol Elmer loved the 35 Whelen loaded with 275 grain pills as well. He actually kilt his world record bar with that combination.
Bob
I'm surprised. I didn't think he ever owned a rifle chambered for a cartridge without a belt on it? He must have owned the Whelen before he and several others developed the belted .338 OKH cartridge in the 1950s. The precursor to the .338 WINCHESTER MAGNUM.
 
@Ontario Hunter
Same people say I'm an effluencer because they think I talk a bit of shit now and then especially about the 243
Bob
@BobNelson 35 Whelen, you are an effective influencer, helping me build another.35 Whelen, and looking for CFE 223 powder.
 
@Ontario Hunter
Same people say I'm an effluencer because they think I talk a bit of shit now and then especially about the 243
Bob
I laughed way too hard at this honestly....
Well, if you're an Elmer "Magnum" Keith fan like I am, you'll go out and buy as many Magnums as you can find pronto! LOL
I have a .458 Lott and a .375 H&H. What more can one need? Wants are a different story.
 
I'm surprised. I didn't think he ever owned a rifle chambered for a cartridge without a belt on it? He must have owned the Whelen before he and several others developed the belted .338 OKH cartridge in the 1950s. The precursor to the .338 WINCHESTER MAGNUM.
@CoElkHunter
Just check mate it think it was in the 30s or 40s.
He actually loved the performance of the Whelen with heavy for caliber projectiles.
Bob
 
@BobNelson 35 Whelen, you are an effective influencer, helping me build another.35 Whelen, and looking for CFE 223 powder.
@cajunchefray
I didn't influence you mate you already new about the Whelen. All I did was steer you in the right direction to get the best out of it
It is definitely a tower of power in an ought size case.
A 225gn that shoots flatter than a 150gn in a 308 and hits harder or as hard as a 338wm out to 400 yds with less powder is nothing to sneeze at. All with moderate recoil
Bob
 
I laughed way too hard at this honestly....

I have a .458 Lott and a .375 H&H. What more can one need? Wants are a different story.
@Forrest Halley
What more can one need is a silly question to me .
EVERYONE NEEDS A 35 WHELEN OF COURSE .
Bob
 
I still havent clearly identified the culprit yet, but after three safaris done, and planning some more,, I can say there are certainly some strong influencers here!
 
Well, if you're an Elmer "Magnum" Keith fan like I am, you'll go out and buy as many Magnums as you can find pronto! LOL
Not a magnum fan. I believe in heavey for caliber bullets at modest velocity with complete penetration resulting in quick humane kills. Never followed the speed at all costs light for caliber JOC bs that results in meat lost to bloodshot. Just because of fear of a little or a lot of recoil. Recoil is just a mind over matter issue. If you don’t mind it don’t matter. Probably because in my formative years we were required to use shotguns for big game hunting.
 
@Forrest Halley
What more can one need is a silly question to me .
EVERYONE NEEDS A 35 WHELEN OF COURSE .
Bob
Bob, I’ve never done any reloading and was thinking of getting started. I’m sure you reload plenty for the .35 Whelen and wondered if you ever thought of melting down & recasting some of those .35 bullets? I believe that you could cast two 100 gr .243’s from one ”leftover” .35 Whelen bullet —- saving some $$ and also having twice the rounds to fire. Just something for you to think about if times get financially tough or there is a Shortage of “lead” down in your parts (remember You got the “idea” from Me ! )
 
@Forrest Halley
What more can one need is a silly question to me .
EVERYONE NEEDS A 35 WHELEN OF COURSE .
Bob
Yes, the super calibre what doth defy any semblance of reality in order to smite cartridges north and south of it on the ballistic spectrum.
Just because of fear of a little or a lot of recoil. Recoil is just a mind over matter issue. If you don’t mind it don’t matter. Probably because in my formative years we were required to use shotguns for big game hunting.
I think this is the best explanation of why I am not concerned about the magnums either. A healthy charge of buckshot will make a stout hunter in short order.
Yep. "Effluencing" is a better label for most of the TV and internet outdoors productions. Definitely shitshows. :D
Some of those and some of these people are so full of $#!+ that it astounds reasonable men. It doesn't take a pair of Buh-nock-lers to spot them either.
 
Bob, I’ve never done any reloading and was thinking of getting started. I’m sure you reload plenty for the .35 Whelen and wondered if you ever thought of melting down & recasting some of those .35 bullets? I believe that you could cast two 100 gr .243’s from one ”leftover” .35 Whelen bullet —- saving some $$ and also having twice the rounds to fire. Just something for you to think about if times get financially tough or there is a Shortage of “lead” down in your parts (remember You got the “idea” from Me ! )
@HankBuck
The thought never crossed my mind. I think I'll stick with the 35 and shoot less but have more fun.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,341
Messages
1,573,354
Members
169,741
Latest member
RainaCisne
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top