Think We Need A Bigger Gun?

The Lewis and Clark expedition used a air rifle along with black powder. I believe it is now in the NRA musuem. As far as I know they did not encounter any Cape buffalo.

.... but please in my favour
I dunno. 1100fps from a 45 cal? That's about handgun specs. What's the energy at killing range? I'd want a damn big backup caliber for dg.

One that I saw advertised for hunting Cape Buffalo generated 700 ft/lbs of energy. Pretty dismal. I guess a 22LR could eventually kill a Buffalo too.

That's a bucket list hunt yet for me. Iguanas with an airgun like on TV, as well as a big old everglades python, tanned skin can hang beside my mamba shed skin. As a kid I spent many many days terrorizing, starlings, pigeons, rats, and pests with an air rifle. A Webley I still have. Cannot imagine using one for larger game, but some do, I did see the TV guys shooting some big stuff. Each to their own I guess, as long as they kill ethically.

MB
Try it you’ll like it. They are often on trees overhanging a waterfront. So drifting by boat works out well. In south Florida they are everywhere though. So you don’t need a boat to be successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!