Thick or thin

Hi CBeck,

Love your knives! The rounded back, and/or simmetry, of the handle is basic to me, because is very easy to use edge up or down!
Agree with Von Gruff about the rear point in the handle...Also, I don´t like, or see the use, of the finger choir.

I believe you would find the teardrop equally comfortable blade up or blade down.

Also keep in mind the blank is unfinished and would be rounded slightly in finishing.

Ordinarily I agree with the opinions on finger choils and I don’t normally like them. This is the first knife I have made with one. However, for me it works on this blade.

I always appreciate what others think. It’s good information for future revisions.
 
Hello CBeck,

Yes! These type of handle you show are excelente for that.
Here is one of my most used knives. A PUMA Outdoors, handle modified. I bought the blade some 30 years ago. At that time PUMA offered finished blades without the handle. This sample has a very good stainless steel.
P1150394.jpg
P1150395.jpg
P1150398.jpg
P1150399.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
@CBeck, the lines of that knife are just great, as with other of your knives you have shown here.

As to thick or thin, hard for me to say with just a pic, I need the feel of the knife in my hand.
 
@CBeck, the lines of that knife are just great, as with other of your knives you have shown here.
As to thick or thin, hard for me to say with just a pic, I need the feel of the knife in my hand.
Thanks so much and you’re exactly right and why it is such a difficult proposition.

I just finished the knife a few minutes ago and ended up taking down the scales in thickness until, like you said, “it felt right”

5E9BE3D1-0A72-487D-A774-7DE6A51EA2A0.jpeg
07AB946E-871E-4F5F-B1B9-65775143698F.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,009
Members
169,219
Latest member
LizetteMcC
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top