The Sabatti Double Rifle

I have paid for one in full and its inbound from Italy!! After reading this I'm getting slightly concerned.

You will find it a great gun. Lots of jealous folks out there. What caliber did you purchase? Send us a note if you like. bland@epix.net

I guess you have one? I've gone for 416 rigby in an extractor

Indeed i have a 470 NE ejector and have sorted out three others for clients. All worked properly and well. No problem with any of them. Have found problems with several other guns. Problems sadly are not unique to any particular Make. Where do you live in the UK?

ive posted this pic twice or more but cant find it,im sure folks are tired of seeing it but i have to stick up for my sabatti double in 9,3x74r,im not a rifle person but bought this gun in 2012 just to have a rifle in case i ever wanted to go to namibia where they dont allow handguns.i had to use it in 2014 in africa as the airlines we flew stopped transporting handguns from joberg to final destinations so the sabatti.i did ok,got a hippo,sable and cape buff bull.on the bad side,heavy triggers,hard to open.on the good side,the target speaks for itself.the stiffness and trigers can and will be taken care of if i ever decide to use it again.i do love my handguns.target is 50 yards.the shots touching the red are the hornady ammo the gun was regulated with,the wider shots are the woodleigh hydro solids i shoot in my scope sighted encore in 9.3x74r.

001 (3).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you live in the UK?

Im in Norfolk. Im getting it directly from the importers so if theres anything wrong with it when I go to pick it up its not coming home with me

ive posted this pic twice or more but cant find it,im sure folks are tired of seeing it but i have to stick up for my sabatti double in 9,3x74r,im not a rifle person but bought this gun in 2012 just to have a rifle in case i ever wanted to go to namibia where they dont allow handguns.i had to use it in 2014 in africa as the airlines we flew stopped transporting handguns from joberg to final destinations so the sabatti.i did ok,got a hippo,sable and cape buff bull.on the bad side,heavy triggers,hard to open.on the good side,the target speaks for itself.the stiffness and trigers can and will be taken care of if i ever decide to use it again.i do love my handguns.target is 50 yards.the shots touching the red are the hornady ammo the gun was regulated with,the wider shots are the woodleigh hydro solids i shoot in my scope sighted encore in 9.3x74r.

Don't worry @edward when I get it I will make sure the triggers and break are addressed.

Im in Norfolk. Im getting it directly from the importers so if theres anything wrong with it when I go to pick it up its not coming home with me
New ones should be great. The bad ones were made for a sporting goods store in the USA called Cabela's. Sabatti took shortcuts to fill the order and problems came out of that production run. I hear good things about them now.

New ones should be great. The bad ones were made for a sporting goods store in the USA called Cabela's. Sabatti took shortcuts to fill the order and problems came out of that production run. I hear good things about them now.
Well once I have shot it I'll let you guys know how I got on with it. Any one know what the recoil pads on them are like? Any good or about as much use as tits on a fish?

A man that buys a 416 double should not worry about recoil. Will push your shoulder like a fly.

A man that buys a 416 double should not worry about recoil. Will push your shoulder like a fly.
What you dont realise is just how small I'am!! Id say I'm about a 1/4 of a Pieter so I think I need to be slightly concerned about the recoil. On the flip side I have read that little people take recoil better.

The rifle probably weighs 10 pounds so the recoil will not be bad! My son was shooting a 458Lott and he only weighs 150 pounds

Does anyone know what ammo sabatti use to regulate with??

Never bought one, but I would think that a new double rifle will have some paperwork with it stating what ammo it was regulated with and perhaps even a test target.

does anyone know the address or phone number of whos importing sabattis now in the usa?name of who and phone number would be great.

does anyone know the address or phone number of whos importing sabattis now in the usa?name of who and phone number would be great.

Wholesalehunter.com

I don't know a name or number. Sorry.

I'm hoping to pick up an EDL version in the next year or two after my next promotion.

Rinehart is correct, Wholesalehunter is the US importer. I tried to log onto their website from my house (Nigerian internet provide) and was blocked. Came up to the office this morning and the office system uses a UK VPN, so could get to the site:

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product/Details/11150145?fs=1

888-900-HUNT (4868)
34 Firetower Rd., Wetumpka, AL

upload_2017-9-23_11-30-39.png

African Dangerous Game Side by Side safari double rifle in 450/400 3" Nitro Express. Classic Big Five EDL Double Trigger and Ejector.

The .450/400 3" Nitro Express AKA 400 Jeffery was once a favored caliber before the .375 H&H. This will fire a 400 grain bullet over 2100 FPS making it an excellent Cape Buffalo rifle. The high sectional density of the 400 grain solid at 2100 FPS will penetrate deeper than 458 Win Mag with a 500 grain solid making this an effective elephant rifle with manageable recoil. It is better to shoot a 400 grain bullet accurately and quickly that a 500 grain bullet poorly. Consider a 450/400 as you Dangerous Game rifle.

According to John Taylor he wrote about the 450/400 3"..."I have used it extensively on all kinds of African game from Elephant on down with the greatest possible satisfaction." "I have never heard any African hunter complain about the .400." "For some reason that I find difficult to explain, I derived greater pleasure from using the .400 than any other caliber; and no weapon behaved more successfully in my hands."

We carry Hormady Ammunition. Brass, Bullets and reloadimg dies the the 450/400 3" Nithro Express.

The Sabatti Big Five EDL rifles are classic African Big Game guns designed with side plates like the classic side lock rifles. They come standard with deluxe engraving and upgraded fancy walnut stocks.

Designed and manufactured for performance, strength, reliability, and accuracy. The receiver is forged and milled from a solid block of high strength steel.

IFG Sabatti rifles are built with the latest CNC machinery for tight tolerance, precision fit and lower cost of production blended with Old World craftsmanship to have the best of both worlds.

All Big Five Express rifles have a larger receiver with mono block barrel base and dual locking lugs for extraordinary strength to handle any large dangerous game calibers.

Deluxe Engraved coin finished receiver with sculptured action release lever.

This rifle has double triggers with ejectors. Only the fired case will eject and unfired cases are pushed back by the extractors for easy unloading.

The safety is tang mounted and slides forward to fire.

The 24" barrels are cold hammer forged from 4140 chrome molybdenum steel. The barrels are installed in a mono block base with dual locking lugs for extraordinary strength. Hand regulated with Hornady DG ammunition to within 2.5" point of impact center to center at 50 yards. The new barrel brazing process affords extraordinary strength and long life. After final regulation, they are finished in a high luster blued.

Brass bead front sight with a 3 leaf rear express sight. The rear sight is adjustable for windage. Elevation can be adjusted by replacing the front sight blade with a different height available from IFG in Amarillo, Texas.

A 12mm European quick detachable scope base is included for scope mounting. The scope base is designed to straddle the quarter rib behind the rear sight and attaches with four provided screws. The European 12mm base is the preferred base for this type of rifle due to its low profile, strong recoil lug and the ability to quickly remove your scope and still use your express sights over the base. Also, this type of base does not detract from the clean appearance of the rifle.

All IFG Sabatti rifles are proof tested by Italian law to C.I.P. standards at 25% over pressure of standard factory ammunition. The barrels are measured before and after firing two over pressure rounds and checked for any changes in measurements. Only then will the barrels be stamped with the Government's Proof House stamp and returned to the manufacturer for sale.

The fancy grade walnut stock with cheek piece and beavertail forearm are hand checkered and oil finished. The great thing about true oil finishes is that small scratches and dents can easily be repaired without having to refinish the entire stock.

Craig Boddington recently tested and reviewed several of the new Sabatti rifles and said they were some of the finest double rifles he has ever shot at any price. He was so impressed that he purchased one of the Sabatti rifles he reviewed. See his Article in Petersen's Hunting Dangerous Game Issue December 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg