The Old Shikari Interview With Kawshik Rahman For 2021

Today , in places like Kuch Bihar and Uttar Pradesh , Nilgai and boar are hunted as they damage crops...

They are hunted by "local hunters".
Correct?

And:
I have read, that in some special cases hunters from other countrys can get a licence...
And can hunt legal and correctly.
Is that correct?

And II:
Did you think that - in days that come - a hunting-tourismus will come again to:
- India (like in Africa, of course controlled by government organisations)
- Bangladesh

And III
Sir, we had many infos about hunting in old India.
Thank you.
But:
In the old days in the area of Bangladesh (...I think it was "part of India" until 1947)......, was there a hunting-tourismus also?
Did that have a history also?

Regarding I
Yes , local hunters can shoot them or hunters out of state with government permission.
Regarding II
Given the way the vegetarian crowd has sadly taken over India , l highly doubt it .
In Bangladesh , you can hunt deer and birds and boars with police permission , but given that we are a third world country only five decades into it's Independence , l do not think that hunting will be commercialized anytime in the near future. We are happy the way we are , because local hunters can generally get permission in a fairly straightforward manner.
Until 1947 , Bangladesh and Pakistan were a part of India . Then Pakistan got separate . In 1971 after the liberation war , East Pakistan became Bangladesh

In Pakistan they have an small, but international hunting comunity.
(I have friend witch are one times a year there, for more than 7 times, hunting only.)
An good example and every hunter is going as an "friend of the country and bringy sympathy with him".

You are clever and educated enough to do this in your new homeland.
The first safarai compay in Bangladesh...
....like "KR-Safaris"...

I mean, this will be an great life circle.

POACHERS II
Did you have mutch problems with poachers:
- in the old days?
- today?
- in Bangladesh?

Did they go to prison?
What was / is the public option?

POACHERS II
Did you have mutch problems with poachers:
- in the old days?
- today?
- in Bangladesh?

Did they go to prison?
What was / is the public option?
Poaching was not much of a problem before 1972 . After the 1972 ban on legal hunting , poaching became rancid.
There is virtually non existent poaching in Bangladesh .
Poachers can face prison , yes .
The Public typically dislikes poaching

That are "good news" and a great future / statement for wildlife.

I have read about him in german newspapers (normal ones, not hunting magazines).

Sansar Chand
(The biggest - known - poacher in the world-history).
Rumors says, he is dead now.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/Sansar-Chand-notorious-tiger-poacher-dead/articleshow/32261903.cms

This is / was Sansar Chand

250 tigers, 2,000 leopards, 5,000 otters, 20,000 wild cats, 20,000 wild foxes — and still counting. That’s the number of wild animals that law enforcers have been able to count as falling prey to the deadly trade plied by Sansar Chand, 55, dubbed the Veerappan of the North, in the four decades since he took to a life of crime. He himself says they are “uncountable” and betrays no remorse about this mayhem.

...(more in the net...)....

I have read about him in german newspapers (normal ones, not hunting magazines).

Sansar Chand
(The biggest - known - poacher in the world-history).
Rumors says, he is dead now.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/Sansar-Chand-notorious-tiger-poacher-dead/articleshow/32261903.cms

This is / was Sansar Chand

250 tigers, 2,000 leopards, 5,000 otters, 20,000 wild cats, 20,000 wild foxes — and still counting. That’s the number of wild animals that law enforcers have been able to count as falling prey to the deadly trade plied by Sansar Chand, 55, dubbed the Veerappan of the North, in the four decades since he took to a life of crime. He himself says they are “uncountable” and betrays no remorse about this mayhem.

...(more in the net...)....
I am in India currently and will be there for a few months . I will try to find out more about this man

I am in India currently and will be there for a few months
Great.
I wish you mutch fun and adventures in your "old homeland".

I will try to find out more about this man
His criminal record is in the net.
Unbelevable.

I am in India currently and will be there for a few months
Great.
I wish you mutch fun and adventures in your "old homeland".

I will try to find out more about this man
His criminal record is in the net.
Unbelevable.
In all honesty , sir . If hunting was legalized and regulated , then people like this man would not exist at all.

In all honesty , sir . If hunting was legalized and regulated , then people like this man would not exist at all.

I agree.
You are absolutly correct sir.
I was never in India, but many times in Africa. It is the same.

CLEINTS III:
(Back to the fundamentals):

Did you remember your first client?
And your last one?

37141183ff.png

Old marketing (USA, around 1956) for tiger hunting in old India.

I thought that to myself, sir.
Because you have an great memory.

Please:
What can you tell us about that two hunts?
The first one was for boars. It was an American gentleman. The last one was an Italian client who wanted to shoot a Royal Bengal tiger

The last one was an Italian client who wanted to shoot a Royal Bengal tiger

Was this hunt sucsessfull?
What are your feelings?
Did you know long time before that this was "the last hunt"? (Months, or...)
Or did you think / hope that the law / government will change their mind and "go away from the hunting ban".

Was this hunt sucsessfull?
What are your feelings?
Did you know long time before that this was "the last hunt"? (Months, or...)
Or did you think / hope that the law / government will change their mind and "go away from the hunting ban".
It was very successful . At the time l did not know that hunting would be banned .
I found out after the liberation war of 1971 took place.
On a related subject , hunting Royal Bengal tigers was already banned by the end of 1970 , but leopards and other animals could still legally be hunted until the end of 1971

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg