The Old Dog Hunts Again

Hallo from main camp, at Khomas Highland Safaris,
(Mountains west of Windhoek, Namibia).

At the moment, we're in from the bush for lunch.
Just a few minutes ago, the communications company repaired our tower here (baboons had climbed the pole and pulled some wires out).
So at last we have Internet.

The above photo was taken in Heathrow-London Airport.
L to R:
My son Danny (DoubleLunger).
Myself
Dale (old friend from my childhood).

Anyway, so far, collectively we've taken a Hartman Zebra, a red hartebeest, a Springbock, and two gemsbock.

Must go now but hunting is good, owners and staff are good as well.
(Food is also quite good.)

There will be a thorough report at some stage and Danny will post photos as well.
However, it shall have to be after our return as, none of us wish to spend our time in Africa writing reports lol.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
You're a lucky man Velo dog

The place sounds great, and its nice to read your words on this forum again! Keeping shooting straight!

I'm thoroughly enjoying your snippets from the bush...Only makes anticipation of the full story more keen.

Stay safe, hunt hard and above all have fun

Thanks enysse,

Brit Air has not mentioned that possibility whatsoever.
Their ploy is to put the victim on hold forever, obviously hoping he will just take it in the arse and quietly go away.
When someone finally answers the line again, they spew out multiple excuses as to why they can do nothing.

British Air is a mob of gangsters,
Velo Dog
Namibia.

Did you transit through Thief Row in London?

So glad the trip appears to be going very well for you all.

I hope to do this one day with my son. Very happy for you VD!

Tim

IMG_4113.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_3993.JPG
IMG_3958.JPG
IMG_8487.JPG
Image1505110488.160212.jpg
Image1505110532.666364.jpg
Image1505110573.290150.jpg
IMG_3651.JPG
IMG_3529.JPG
IMG_3528.JPG
IMG_3525.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You and dad together hunting in Africa....absolutely priceless!

In reference to the pic with the parrot on VD's shoulder, you have to take friends where you find them!

In reference to the pic with the parrot on VD's shoulder, you have to take friends where you find them!

Agree, but still think the parrot should have been able to find better options.... ;)

What great pictures!!!!

My fav is the "selfie" taken by @DoubleLunger with @Velo Dog standing in the back of the bakkie and scanning the horizon. Priceless....

velo dog,

well done! i am waiting to hear the rest of the story when you get home. things are good here, carla has checked in on kelly.

i shot a nice bull moose with the 450-400, will tell you about it over a scotch. sounds like you are having quite the adventure. can't wait to hear about it. look me up when you hit town. good hunting and b safe.

the dirthawker

IMG_3958.JPG

Velo-for me the pic of the year in AH.(y)
In ancient Greece, the mighty carried owls on their shoulders.
Regards to the Highland
Foxi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois