The Man Eater Of Maulvi Bazaar

Major Khan Sir
Another marvelous narration of Riaz’s story . Will your next story involving Riaz , feature the time when Melina shot an Asian Sloth Bear ? I really enjoyed that chapter from Riaz’s book . I believe that it would make an exceptionally mar story to post on AH forums .
Why not ?! That 1 is a capital story .

Great story and some excellent stalking to get within 15 feet and not be discovered. Hunting Leopards must not be very aware at night. Keep the stories coming.
Why thank you so much , New Boomer .
Even 21 of the 22 man eating forest panthers which I have dispatched in my life ( till now ) ... were shot at night .
I suppose that this is a noticeable difference in how the African leopard is hunted and how the Indian panther used to be hunted .

Friend Ponton
Riaz just gave me a lesson in the behavior of hunting leopard for I thought they would have been more dangerous of a night time. We live and learn.
I have had a 12 gauge shotgun fire both barrel once. It was loaded with a 3 inch magnum slug and a Winchester 9 pellet buck shot. This was an accidental fireing of both barrels that I would not like to repeat. To do this intentionally is something I personally wouldn't do.
Road obviously has a better recoil tolerances than me.
Your humble friend
Bob Nelson
You have gotten my curiosity piqued , Bob . I assume that the 9 pellet Winchester buck shot cartridge ... was a 32 gram 2.75 inch SG cartridge ? Did you have 1 barrel loaded with a 3 inch slug cartridge ... and the other barrel loaded with a 2.75 inch SG cartridge ?

Thanks for sharing another story, enjoyed the read!

Friend Ponton
It is typical of a person that you have taught to shoot and hunt to want more but to have your future wife request it would be nice. Riaz can handle the recoil of both barrels of a 12 bore at once but that night you would have been able to push him over with a feather.
Riaz is truly a kind and generous man sharing his payment with Shaotaal, he would have been overwhelmed by such generosity.

I look forward to reading Riaz and Melinas adventures together.
Your humble friend
Bob Nelson
He eventually took her to shoot an Asian Sloth Bear , Bob ! I shall be asking Riaz to provide me with an English translation of THAT reminiscence , as well .
Yes , Riaz and Melina are extremely lucky to have each other . They routinely go hunting together ... and with us .
Melina often accompanies us on shikars , as well .

You have gotten my curiosity piqued , Bob . I assume that the 9 pellet Winchester buck shot cartridge ... was a 32 gram 2.75 inch SG cartridge ? Did you have 1 barrel loaded with a 3 inch slug cartridge ... and the other barrel loaded with a 2.75 inch SG cartridge ?
Friend Ponton
Yes one barrel was loaded with a a 3 inch magnum 1 and a quarter ounces slug from memory and the other barrel was a 2.75 inch 00/SG buckshot. I didn't know at the time that the little 20 inch barrel coach gun had a tendency to double fire with out warning. I can assure you that it really gets your attention when it happens.
Keep safe and well my friend
Bob

Maj Kahn, another great story. Thank you so much for sharing with us. These stories would be fantastic to hear at night, sitting around a camp fire with a cigar in hand. Again, thank you sir!!

Maj Kahn, another great story. Thank you so much for sharing with us. These stories would be fantastic to hear at night, sitting around a camp fire with a cigar in hand. Again, thank you sir!!
Why thank you so much , PARA45 . It would be my utmost privilege to have a barbecue with you , fine gentle men ... some day . We will barbecue a cheetal deer , a kakar deer , a Bengal Bush Boar and a couple of Greylag Geese ! My treat .

Very nice story and great way to present it..My grandfather also used LG cartridges in most of his hunts..
Why thank you so much , Kunal Beta .
Did he use Eley Grand Prix LG cartridges or Eley Alphamax LG cartridges ? Also , was his shot gun made by Indian Ordinance Factories ... or was it an older English or Belgian shot gun ?

Why thank you so much , Kunal Beta .
Did he use Eley Grand Prix LG cartridges or Eley Alphamax LG cartridges ? Also , was his shot gun made by Indian Ordinance Factories ... or was it an older English or Belgian shot gun ?
I think it was Eley Alphamax LG cartridges..It was an IOF shotgun ..My father told me..My grandfather bought down very big wild boar with his gun..A nice Sambhar stag.. Its trophy was hung in our ancestral home..But it went missing a few years back..

By Riaz Sharrif

THE PATHOLOGY OF A MAN EATER

" By dawn , the Maulvi Bazaar Forest Department Officials had successfully flayed the hide of the man eater . It was a 160 pound female Hunting Leopard . Indeed , several ounces of undigested human flesh was found inside it's stomach .

We observed two stab wounds in between the Hunting Leopard's two fore legs . The wound patterns were indicative of the tusks of a Bengal Bush Boar . We were now able to mentally reconstruct a proper chronology of events . This Hunting Leopard had attempted to attack a Bengal Bush Boar ... Which defended itself with it's tusks , and managed to injure the Hunting Leopard . The wounded cat , then resolved to become a man eater .

I was duly rewarded with my 500 Taka from the Maulvi Bazaar Forest Department . I decided to do the honorable thing and give Shuja 200 Taka from my reward money. The way in which that elderly Shaotaal gentleman smiled in gratitude , upon receiving that 200 Taka ... was worth more than all of the money in the world , to me .

With my 300 Taka , I took Melina out for dinner at Pubani Hotel ( which used to have the finest continental cuisine ... back in those days ) . We ate our favorite meal : Medium done slow cooked beef rib roast ( referred to , as " Prime Rib " in the United States ) , hashbrowns , creamed spinach , horseradish cream and Pinot red wine . We really enjoyed the meal in Pubani Hotel ( I would end up proposing to her , there ... Five years afterwards . We still dine there every year , on our wedding anniversary ) . Melina listened enthusiastically , to my story about hunting down the Man Eater Of Maulvi Bazaar ... interrupting me many times to ask questions .

However , I would later regret telling her the entire story , because by the end of the dinner ... she asked me , " So , when are you going to take me to hunt dangerous game ? " .

THE END

I can hardly wait for more!!!
I really enjoy such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg