The last pair of binoculars

In March of 2021 I replied to this thread and mentioned that my wife 8x32 Swarovski els were going in for repairs. The "twisting eye cup" was constantly coming off. Swarovski notified us that the eye cup was under warranty, but one of the lenses had a scratch, cost $800.00! How they were scratched I do not know we both really care for our optics and allow no one to use them, but ourselves.

Both my wife and I each have a pair of 8X32 Swarovski els. We also each have a pair of the Leica 8X32s. We both like the Swarovski's better. What do I use? My 45 year old Zeiss 10x40 black rubber armored, we have been constant companions for a very long time. Zeiss has replaced the rubber eye cups once.

Thank you all for all the details. I ordered the Zeiss Terra 8X25 as my first before going into deeper waters. Need to get my feet wet before I consider the more expensive ones and in greater ranges.

On trips to Africa, Alaska, and New Zealand I brought 2 pairs of binoculars. The Swarovski were great for early morning and late evening hunting when the light was minimal. Great light gathering qualities. I also had 10x25, light weight, excellent for the rest of the day when there was good light and had to trek some distance.
I realize that having 2 pair is an expense, but like ammunition they were inexpensive relative to the trip and the fact that it might be the only one. I was blessed to be able to hunt Africa 3 times.
The Swarovski binoculars are substantial, but in scouting from a vehicle they were great. Many a time my friend Cassie, used them while searching the bush from afar.

On trips to Africa, Alaska, and New Zealand I brought 2 pairs of binoculars. The Swarovski were great for early morning and late evening hunting when the light was minimal. Great light gathering qualities. I also had 10x25, light weight, excellent for the rest of the day when there was good light and had to trek some distance.
I realize that having 2 pair is an expense, but like ammunition they were inexpensive relative to the trip and the fact that it might be the only one. I was blessed to be able to hunt Africa 3 times.
The Swarovski binoculars are substantial, but in scouting from a vehicle they were great. Many a time my friend Cassie, used them while searching the bush from afar.
Which Swarovski model do you have?

I am now back in-country and, as promised, have checked to see the manufacturer on the QD bino tripod mount I am using. It is 'Outdoorsmans' and I have been very happy with it. I have been using it with Swaro SLC 10x42's. I have just received a pair of SLC 15x56's from Mark. I immediately tried it out with them to see how it does with the extra weight. It seems to work perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross