The Hunt Is Over!

Hearty congrats. You know what they say about the second time around---BETTER THAN BEFORE AND BEST EVER. May you have all the best forever.

Congratulations! I could have loaned ya Farmall for you wedding photos however. All kidding aside, I hope it is a great, new chapter in your life!
Yea, we have a couple Case IH 8 wheelers. A nieghbor was all happy when I bought a red tractor instead of another green one. I just signed a bit, hung my head in shame and said... I know right, you can just tell how the bottom line is going by the color of the tractors... ;)

Last edited:
What a honeymoon, 21 days in Tanzania. I'm very jealous!
Very happy for you both and best wishes for the future.

OK...but didn't know there were 18 months in the year.... :E Horrified: :A Banana: ...and no...but will have some brought in specially if you need some ;)
Haha on the date! I had a long year and needed extra time, hence the 18 month year! (September 18)
And that would he a very HARD pass on the wretched tsetse flies! If I never see one again, it will be too soon! It would actually prevent me from going somewhere. They are awful!!

Congrats to both of you. This Fairy Tale is almost too good to be true. Bob, let me be the first one to remind you that whatever you have is hers, and whatever she has is hers. LOL If you are nice to her, she might share though. BTW, Bob if you were "on the bubble" that set of kitchen knives probably sealed the deal.

Congrats to both of you. This Fairy Tale is almost too good to be true. Bob, let me be the first one to remind you that whatever you have is hers, and whatever she has is hers. LOL If you are nice to her, she might share though. BTW, Bob if you were "on the bubble" that set of kitchen knives probably sealed the deal.
@Shootist43 Thank you, Art!!
You know...the more I think about it, the more I think I should have used your thoughts for the wedding programs!! :giggle:

Gina, sorry about The Fly. Unfortunately, in Tanzania Tsetse occur heavily in some of the best hunting areas and they help keep domestic livestock away. My wife is a tough trooper but is extremely allergic to Fly bites. Every bite swells into a large bump. She wears a net insect repellant jacket with a hood. Plus oils and creams of magical ointments. Then keeps on trooping. She has put up with me and our adventures for 57 years. All the best and very kindest regards

Congratulations to the happy couple may you have a blessed life together

Gina, sorry about The Fly. Unfortunately, in Tanzania Tsetse occur heavily in some of the best hunting areas and they help keep domestic livestock away. My wife is a tough trooper but is extremely allergic to Fly bites. Every bite swells into a large bump. She wears a net insect repellant jacket with a hood. Plus oils and creams of magical ointments. Then keeps on trooping. She has put up with me and our adventures for 57 years. All the best and very kindest regards
Thank you for the kind wishes!! I am the same as your wife except for the bonus of my fly bites bruising. Itching, burning, large knots that bruised. Nothing I used worked. The bug suit helped.
I'm not as tough as your wife. I am allergic to mosquitoes also. Well...everything actually. And I have to carry epi pens. The flies just are not worth it to me. :(

Because of my wife’s serious reactions to Fly bites made me sensitive to your photo while wearing a net. So sorry because Tanzania is such a great place to explore. Have you used Benadryl cream and pills for bite treatment? Permethrin treated clothes? Hang in there your husband is a lucky man!

Wow! congratulations on what looks like an incredible wedding! an even better honeymoon
and a lifetime of love and adventures to follow! can't wait to read the report! :A Popcorn: :D Cheers:

Because of my wife’s serious reactions to Fly bites made me sensitive to your photo while wearing a net. So sorry because Tanzania is such a great place to explore. Have you used Benadryl cream and pills for bite treatment? Permethrin treated clothes? Hang in there your husband is a lucky man!
Thanks Myles;
I am a very lucky man! I did spray our clothes with Permethrin. Really does nothing for tsetse flies other than add a bit of spice for them. I had the top of my hand wet with Deep Woods Off and got bit. It was like hot sauce is to @Royal27 ;)

We really loved Tanzania! Not just the country but also the people. You just haven't lived until you've experienced a real Swahili Kabubi :)

Gina will get back to Tanzania! At least to Maasai Land (where there are no tsetse's )

Hearty congrats. You know what they say about the second time around---BETTER THAN BEFORE AND BEST EVER. May you have all the best forever.
Ain’t that the truth!!!

Greetings Everyone!

I have some fun and exciting news to share with all of you!

I just got back in the states a couple of weeks ago from a 21-day hunt in Tanzania, which you all will hear about soon. Before the 21-day hunt, I spent and AMAZING 8 days in Zanzibar at Kendwa Rocks beach resort! Travel and trip time, I was away for close to a month and a half, so I am very behind on what has been going on here on AH, and the rest of the world for that matter!

The biggest, best, and most exciting news of it all is that before the 8 days in Zanzibar, @ActionBob and I got married!

View attachment 439040View attachment 439041

The wedding was PERFECT! In the wedding party was AH’s very own Cody @Bullthrower338 and Royal @Royal27 !

View attachment 439042View attachment 439043

The wedding took place at a historical mansion and friends and family flew in and roughly 20 of us stayed at the mansion a couple of days before the wedding. We had the rehearsal dinner and wedding and the opening gifts the day after the wedding at the mansion.

There were lots of guns for the photos and we had an amazing time, and it was all just perfect!! Being Bob has been a farmer since birth…we had to have John Deere stuffs at the wedding as well. His brother insisted, and no one disagreed. We even exited the wedding on an old John Deere 520!

View attachment 439046

Everyone applauded when we kissed, even our little Flower Girl, Lilly, who happens to be our Granddaughter.
The reception was full of family, friends, music, food, dancing, and FUN!!
It was perfect!!

View attachment 439048

It is pretty incredible how life works out sometimes. Sometimes we do not see why we have to go through all the rough, and at times, awful things in life to get to the really marvelous parts, however, I thank God EVERY day for Him bringing Bob and I together!!

View attachment 439049

Stay tuned for posts of Zanzibar and Tanzania! :)
Congratulations you two

Well I'm just a bit behind here!

As @Bullthrower338 said well, It was truly an honor and a privilegeto stand beside @ActionBob at the wedding and to be a small part of all the fun!

Joining them for the honeymoon wasn't bad either. Those stories though, are for another thread. ;)

It's a pleasure to have @Just Gina as "part of the family" now. Unfortunately, she and my wife get along too...? Damn is that gonna cost me a lot of money....

Have you used Benadryl cream and pills for bite treatment? Permethrin treated clothes? Hang in there your husband is a lucky man!

Want to feel loved in Tanzania? Be the only one who brought Benadryl and AfterBite anti-inch cream when the rest of the group is getting absolutely HAMMERED by the flies. :A Sting:

Ask me how I know this. :A Shades:

Well since JustGina is no longer JustGina and ActionBob is out of action will there be changes to the Avatars,
Inquiring minds want to know!

Well I'm just a bit behind here!

As @Bullthrower338 said well, It was truly an honor and a privilegeto stand beside @ActionBob at the wedding and to be a small part of all the fun!

Joining them for the honeymoon wasn't bad either. Those stories though, are for another thread. ;)

It's a pleasure to have @Just Gina as "part of the family" now. Unfortunately, she and my wife get along too...? Damn is that gonna cost me a lot of money....
Royal you did us the honor and we are both privileged to call you Friend. Really you and Cody are family.

Yes it could get expensive turning two like minded professionals loose shopping together;) But they are worth it:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg