The Details That Go Into A Cape Buffalo Mount

Stunning, Fantastic work, what do such mount costs?

I can't see the beauty of a mountain lion turned into a rug. It's a personal thing...Yep that's the price LOL.....

I agree with this! I hunted Mountain Lion years ago and took a nice tom. At the time, it was a financial stretch to even do the hunt and I didn't have the money to full body mount him so elected to rug him. The taxidermist was a friend of mine and he called me twice to make sure that I wouldn't reconsider doing a full body mount before trimming the hide. They did a beautiful job on the rug mount (and I am very picky) but I kick myself to this day for not biting the bullet and doing the full body mount. That was a stupid move and I would advise anyone that would listen to spring for the full mount if you hunt a special animal like a Mtn Lion. Also, the rug is over 7 ft from nose to tip of tail so takes up a hell of a lot of wall space to do it right. Some of the cool full mounts where they are on a rock ledge can mount on a a wall and take up less space than the rug does and are way more interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg