"The Cold Blue" on TCM Tonight

The Sub-Zero temps in the unheated, un-pressurized B-17's. Relentless Documentary with The 8th.

A Film unlike "The Memphis Belle" or "The Best Years of Our Lives"

Last edited:
A great documentary, one that I was vaguely aware of before. My ex father in law flew B-17's over Germany in WWII. He was Jewish and I used to tease him about getting shot down, "Fred, what would you do on the way down?" "Throw my dog tags away", "Hell, with that nose it would do no good". A great man and one hell of a plane driver. Loved the "Colonel" and loved to watch him and his squadron mates fly after their returning from Vietnam. "The Best Years of our Lives" was one hell of a movie. It was an Academy Award winner for good reason. I highly recommend both for different reasons. WWII wasn't my war, but we all had many of the same problems coming home. and may the gods damn those that sent us off to fight wars that never should have been fought. Never Forget! Semper Fi to all!

A great documentary, one that I was vaguely aware of before. My ex father in law flew B-17's over Germany in WWII. He was Jewish and I used to tease him about getting shot down, "Fred, what would you do on the way down?" "Throw my dog tags away", "Hell, with that nose it would do no good". A great man and one hell of a plane driver. Loved the "Colonel" and loved to watch him and his squadron mates fly after their returning from Vietnam. "The Best Years of our Lives" was one hell of a movie. It was an Academy Award winner for good reason. I highly recommend both for different reasons. WWII wasn't my war, but we all had many of the same problems coming home. and may the gods damn those that sent us off to fight wars that never should have been fought. Never Forget! Semper Fi to all!
Thank you for your service "the highest honor". But glad you found this well and "The Best Years of Our Lives" .. one my personal favorites, well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riddle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!