www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Hey brother how'd you fair with all the rain?
Man we did great. Deer look really good and I've never seen so many fawns. Fawning cover was great which was a huge contributor to the dawn crop. Antler growth looks good. Even our young deer put on some inches. Very pleased.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Excellent. I was inquirying about any hurricane problems. Glad to hear all is well

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Excellent. I was inquirying about any hurricane problems. Glad to hear all is well
Hurricanes are a looooong way from me. They have to hit the Texas coast and go north a very long ways before we have any problems. Katrina is the last one I can remember making it to us.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Hurricanes are a looooong way from me. They have to hit the Texas coast and go north a very long ways before we have any problems. Katrina is the last one I can remember making it to us.
Any event I am glad your ok

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted

kathy

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
gizmo, great photos , did you catch the deer with a net and helicopter ?
sounds like a great study , looking forward to the results. Forrest

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
That cool stuff Gizmo!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
gizmo, great photos , did you catch the deer with a net and helicopter ?
sounds like a great study , looking forward to the results. Forrest
Yes all deer were netted from a helicopter. Using a sedative is very dangerous for the animals. It's best to net and blind fold them. That works very well and doesn't have the problems associated with darting them.

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
That is really cool. I would have loved to have seen this in person. Great project, keep up the good work!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
That is really cool. I would have loved to have seen this in person. Great project, keep up the good work!
It was a hoot! That was soooo much fun. First time I've held one alive lol. They generally have died from a bad case of lead poisoning by the time I get my hands on them.

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
It was a hoot! That was soooo much fun. First time I've held one alive lol. They generally have died from a bad case of lead poisoning by the time I get my hands on them.

Yeah just would be cool to do the capture part and watching them run off. Most of the ones I have handled have a case of lead poisoning as well.

What do you call an archery kill, double collapse lung syndrome? Anyways they have that too.

Not to take it off subject too much, your ranch should have some great mule deer hunting in the very near future!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Yeah just would be cool to do the capture part and watching them run off. Most of the ones I have handled have a case of lead poisoning as well.

What do you call an archery kill, double collapse lung syndrome? Anyways they have that too.

Not to take it off subject too much, your ranch should have some great mule deer hunting in the very near future!
Ok I'm stealing your archery kill comment. Lmfao!!!! We have fantastic muleys it's just a pain because Muley season is only 3 weeks long for rifle. It's a month for archery. Whitetail is 4 months long so getting oppurtunties at biiig whitetail are extremely common.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Lol funny thing about it is lead poisoning is the leading cause of death among cute furry animals and terrorists here in Texas ;)

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
Super Cool program Erik. Are the neighboring property owners on board managing the deer populations also?

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeopoldoPi

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?