Texas Panhandle Mule Deer Study & Capture 2015

Hey brother how'd you fair with all the rain?
Man we did great. Deer look really good and I've never seen so many fawns. Fawning cover was great which was a huge contributor to the dawn crop. Antler growth looks good. Even our young deer put on some inches. Very pleased.
 
Excellent. I was inquirying about any hurricane problems. Glad to hear all is well
 
Excellent. I was inquirying about any hurricane problems. Glad to hear all is well
Hurricanes are a looooong way from me. They have to hit the Texas coast and go north a very long ways before we have any problems. Katrina is the last one I can remember making it to us.
 
Hurricanes are a looooong way from me. They have to hit the Texas coast and go north a very long ways before we have any problems. Katrina is the last one I can remember making it to us.
Any event I am glad your ok
 
Thanks John we good. Just keepin on keepin on.
 
gizmo, great photos , did you catch the deer with a net and helicopter ?
sounds like a great study , looking forward to the results. Forrest
 
That cool stuff Gizmo!
 
gizmo, great photos , did you catch the deer with a net and helicopter ?
sounds like a great study , looking forward to the results. Forrest
Yes all deer were netted from a helicopter. Using a sedative is very dangerous for the animals. It's best to net and blind fold them. That works very well and doesn't have the problems associated with darting them.
 
That is really cool. I would have loved to have seen this in person. Great project, keep up the good work!
 
That is really cool. I would have loved to have seen this in person. Great project, keep up the good work!
It was a hoot! That was soooo much fun. First time I've held one alive lol. They generally have died from a bad case of lead poisoning by the time I get my hands on them.
 
It was a hoot! That was soooo much fun. First time I've held one alive lol. They generally have died from a bad case of lead poisoning by the time I get my hands on them.

Yeah just would be cool to do the capture part and watching them run off. Most of the ones I have handled have a case of lead poisoning as well.

What do you call an archery kill, double collapse lung syndrome? Anyways they have that too.

Not to take it off subject too much, your ranch should have some great mule deer hunting in the very near future!
 
Yeah just would be cool to do the capture part and watching them run off. Most of the ones I have handled have a case of lead poisoning as well.

What do you call an archery kill, double collapse lung syndrome? Anyways they have that too.

Not to take it off subject too much, your ranch should have some great mule deer hunting in the very near future!
Ok I'm stealing your archery kill comment. Lmfao!!!! We have fantastic muleys it's just a pain because Muley season is only 3 weeks long for rifle. It's a month for archery. Whitetail is 4 months long so getting oppurtunties at biiig whitetail are extremely common.
 
Lol funny thing about it is lead poisoning is the leading cause of death among cute furry animals and terrorists here in Texas ;)
 
Super Cool program Erik. Are the neighboring property owners on board managing the deer populations also?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,209
Members
169,274
Latest member
VilmaKorne
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top