Tanning vs Dip/Pack

Is the cow buffalo tanned or just salted? If just salted check on a price to get it tanned, this should reduce the weight some and may bring down the cost a little but the shipping is calculated by volumetric weight. Dimensions of the crate and weight put into a formula.
The quote I received was for tanning but excluded shipping from memory

The tanning prices seem to jump around like the shipping prices have lately, I had a kudu flat skin tanned for $300 in 2019 eastern cape safari and a roan backskin was $250 in the northwest province in 2021.

Hi,
I've been lucky enough to take 2 muntjacs and one CWD near Bedford/UK. I need to get 3 heads/skulls bleached and one cape tanned so that I could get it back to Poland. Is anybody to help me out with finding ANYBODY in UK, who could make it? Going through internet there is no one who could take care of it....

I will appreciate Your kind response.

Best regards

My two cents. If you have a taxidermist down there you trust do it. If not ship it home. I just like the tanning better here!

For long term storage my taxidermist suggested storage of tanned skin.
In this phase of my home arrangement, and in foreseeable future I dont have space for eland shoulder mount.
So, my taxidermist suggested for long term storage to make tanning, and then to keep it in deep freezer. So, I did.
in the mean time, I keep scull mount of eland on the wall.
So, it seams salted skin cannot last for too long? that would be my guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianevown

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.