Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member SCI, Benefactor NRA, NMLRA.
Hunted
RSA, Namibia
I mounted this on the pictured rifle for no other reason than it did not have a home and that rifle was headed to the range. I do not have a need for the extended eye relief. This is non-illuminated with 4A reticle and I will add cash to even up. If a US member has an illuminated model in 1-6 or 1.7-10 with #4 reticle they would like to trade please PM.

thumbnail_20210506_132831.jpg
thumbnail_20210506_132939.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is a nice scope i have one on my 458 currently

I didn't have what he was looking for. Great optic he has there and no longer made. Now, to get the EE version you have to buy the illuminated model for a full "bend over" experience.

Nice Spike AR. Big fan of them, and visited them when they worked out of a one bay shop. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't have what he was looking for. Great optic he has there and no longer made. Now, to get the EE version you have to buy the illuminated model for a full "bend over" experience.

I could be wrong but I think the EE is discontinued in the illuminated version as well. I’ve got one, and agree with you, it is a truly great scope. If any of you are struggling to get a scope properly positioned on a Ruger No1 or Dakota model 10, this is the scope you want!

Haha that’s the one I have and you aren’t lying

I could be wrong but I think the EE is discontinued in the illuminated version as well. I’ve got one, and agree with you, it is a truly great scope. If any of you are struggling to get a scope properly positioned on a Ruger No1 or Dakota model 10, this is the scope you want!
It is. When I bought mine it was extremely difficult to find. This is a great scope for a heavy recoil rifle in my opinion.

It is. When I bought mine it was extremely difficult to find. This is a great scope for a heavy recoil rifle in my opinion.

We need to form a bowling league or bar drinking night together, guys. This whole thread sees eye to eye on things.

Wab, absolutely. I have a EE on my Dakota 10 in 7x57. Perfect optic for stalking rifles that are used for shooting inside of 300 yards. I’ve put them on Ruger #1 customs as well for the same reasons you stated.

Thriller, totally agree. I have another EE on my Cogswell and Harrison 375HH. That rifle has been on me for many safaris, including on elephant, leopard, eland, sable, hippo and countless other hunting adventures. I have a man-crush on the 1-6x24 EE. There was a time about 5 years ago when they had liquidated their stock, plus all the rich kids were dumping theirs, because the illuminated model came out and the non-illuminated model was just not as cool. I think I paid $800-$1100 for all of mine new in box. Those were the Olden days at the end of Obama’s term for the young people reading this. :)

I think the new cool-kid option out there is around $2600, the Swarovski Z8i Illuminated 1-8x24 EE. Sounds delightful, I just need my diamond mining business to hit big and I’ll be able to afford one.

We need to form a bowling league or bar drinking night together, guys. This whole thread sees eye to eye on things.

Wab, absolutely. I have a EE on my Dakota 10 in 7x57. Perfect optic for stalking rifles that are used for shooting inside of 300 yards. I’ve put them on Ruger #1 customs as well for the same reasons you stated.

Thriller, totally agree. I have another EE on my Cogswell and Harrison 375HH. That rifle has been on me for many safaris, including on elephant, leopard, eland, sable, hippo and countless other hunting adventures. I have a man-crush on the 1-6x24 EE. There was a time about 5 years ago when they had liquidated their stock, plus all the rich kids were dumping theirs, because the illuminated model came out and the non-illuminated model was just not as cool. I think I paid $800-$1100 for all of mine new in box. Those were the Olden days at the end of Obama’s term for the young people reading this. :)

I think the new cool-kid option out there is around $2600, the Swarovski Z8i Illuminated 1-8x24 EE. Sounds delightful, I just need my diamond mining business to hit big and I’ll be able to afford one.

I’ve got a Z8 1-8x24 illuminated on a custom M70 in 7x57. It is as advertised but I would not pay what they are asking for it now. Someone needs to jump on this 1-6 before I do something I will regret! Surely someone out there has a No1 or Model 10 they’re tired of crawling the stock on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Algerhodes

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.