Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member SCI, Benefactor NRA, NMLRA.
Hunted
RSA, Namibia
I mounted this on the pictured rifle for no other reason than it did not have a home and that rifle was headed to the range. I do not have a need for the extended eye relief. This is non-illuminated with 4A reticle and I will add cash to even up. If a US member has an illuminated model in 1-6 or 1.7-10 with #4 reticle they would like to trade please PM.

thumbnail_20210506_132831.jpg
thumbnail_20210506_132939.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is a nice scope i have one on my 458 currently

I didn't have what he was looking for. Great optic he has there and no longer made. Now, to get the EE version you have to buy the illuminated model for a full "bend over" experience.

Nice Spike AR. Big fan of them, and visited them when they worked out of a one bay shop. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't have what he was looking for. Great optic he has there and no longer made. Now, to get the EE version you have to buy the illuminated model for a full "bend over" experience.

I could be wrong but I think the EE is discontinued in the illuminated version as well. I’ve got one, and agree with you, it is a truly great scope. If any of you are struggling to get a scope properly positioned on a Ruger No1 or Dakota model 10, this is the scope you want!

Haha that’s the one I have and you aren’t lying

I could be wrong but I think the EE is discontinued in the illuminated version as well. I’ve got one, and agree with you, it is a truly great scope. If any of you are struggling to get a scope properly positioned on a Ruger No1 or Dakota model 10, this is the scope you want!
It is. When I bought mine it was extremely difficult to find. This is a great scope for a heavy recoil rifle in my opinion.

It is. When I bought mine it was extremely difficult to find. This is a great scope for a heavy recoil rifle in my opinion.

We need to form a bowling league or bar drinking night together, guys. This whole thread sees eye to eye on things.

Wab, absolutely. I have a EE on my Dakota 10 in 7x57. Perfect optic for stalking rifles that are used for shooting inside of 300 yards. I’ve put them on Ruger #1 customs as well for the same reasons you stated.

Thriller, totally agree. I have another EE on my Cogswell and Harrison 375HH. That rifle has been on me for many safaris, including on elephant, leopard, eland, sable, hippo and countless other hunting adventures. I have a man-crush on the 1-6x24 EE. There was a time about 5 years ago when they had liquidated their stock, plus all the rich kids were dumping theirs, because the illuminated model came out and the non-illuminated model was just not as cool. I think I paid $800-$1100 for all of mine new in box. Those were the Olden days at the end of Obama’s term for the young people reading this. :)

I think the new cool-kid option out there is around $2600, the Swarovski Z8i Illuminated 1-8x24 EE. Sounds delightful, I just need my diamond mining business to hit big and I’ll be able to afford one.

We need to form a bowling league or bar drinking night together, guys. This whole thread sees eye to eye on things.

Wab, absolutely. I have a EE on my Dakota 10 in 7x57. Perfect optic for stalking rifles that are used for shooting inside of 300 yards. I’ve put them on Ruger #1 customs as well for the same reasons you stated.

Thriller, totally agree. I have another EE on my Cogswell and Harrison 375HH. That rifle has been on me for many safaris, including on elephant, leopard, eland, sable, hippo and countless other hunting adventures. I have a man-crush on the 1-6x24 EE. There was a time about 5 years ago when they had liquidated their stock, plus all the rich kids were dumping theirs, because the illuminated model came out and the non-illuminated model was just not as cool. I think I paid $800-$1100 for all of mine new in box. Those were the Olden days at the end of Obama’s term for the young people reading this. :)

I think the new cool-kid option out there is around $2600, the Swarovski Z8i Illuminated 1-8x24 EE. Sounds delightful, I just need my diamond mining business to hit big and I’ll be able to afford one.

I’ve got a Z8 1-8x24 illuminated on a custom M70 in 7x57. It is as advertised but I would not pay what they are asking for it now. Someone needs to jump on this 1-6 before I do something I will regret! Surely someone out there has a No1 or Model 10 they’re tired of crawling the stock on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!