Suggestions for powders to stockpile

CBH your AR 2206H is re-branded and sold as H 4895 in the States. Very versatile indeed, but I use a lot more of your AR 2208 which is re-branded and sold as H4350 here.

CBH your AR 2206H is re-branded and sold as H 4895 in the States. Very versatile indeed, but I use a lot more of your AR 2208 which is re-branded and sold as H4350 here.
Shootist43
Varget is our 2208
4350 is our 2209
4831sc is our 2213sc
Cheers mate Bob

Veteran reloaders, if you had to pick just a couple rifle powders to last you a very long time, what 2-3 powders would you choose.

Retumbo, Varget, H1000, CFE 233, H4831 and H4350 are pretty much gone.

Any experience with IMR 4451?

This would cover everything from 5.56 to 416s.

I bought 32lbs of Unigue today, so I am set for pistols.
For the last 35 years I've used IMR 4350 for .22-250, 7-08, .30-06, 7mm Rem. Mag and .300 Win. Mag. This covers most of my hunting rifles with good loads so I tend to keep a good supply of it on hand. Very versatile. Now I just need to settle on a load for my .458 Win. Mag. Any suggestions?

You guys in the US gotta stop stockpiling this stuff or I'll never see powder for three years.

All this talk on the forums and I started to get a little panicky. Checked my stash and still have unopened 8# jugs from the last mad rush. Carry on Boy Scouts!(y):D

Sooooo. What you're really saying is that all those nut job doomsday preppers we've been laughing at on TV are now your best buddies?

ps I have to confess to a touch of the same. I've always kept plenty of reloading supplies. Mainly to keep ahead of supply interruptions and idiot gov't regulations.

For the last 35 years I've used IMR 4350 for .22-250, 7-08, .30-06, 7mm Rem. Mag and .300 Win. Mag. This covers most of my hunting rifles with good loads so I tend to keep a good supply of it on hand. Very versatile. Now I just need to settle on a load for my .458 Win. Mag. Any suggestions?
H335

Was there any reason you wanted to start stockpiling powder? Curios now there is all this other stockpiling due to Covid-19
We have had supply difficulties in Australia but that’s different locations too. Partly it’s dangerous goods freight carrier restrictions they say.
us it’s just this Corona thing seems to have been a hot topic in Australia for about 2 weeks but I heard the news today China has had it for 2 months, they are saying that China are easing off a bit and even in the Wuhan area where it started. But then there is some interesting footage online that is removed as quick as it goes up.
I’m not into conspiracy theories but is this thing a naturally occurring phenomena or could it have been created in a lab?

Was there any reason you wanted to start stockpiling powder? Curios now there is all this other stockpiling due to Covid-19
We have had supply difficulties in Australia but that’s different locations too. Partly it’s dangerous goods freight carrier restrictions they say.
us it’s just this Corona thing seems to have been a hot topic in Australia for about 2 weeks but I heard the news today China has had it for 2 months, they are saying that China are easing off a bit and even in the Wuhan area where it started. But then there is some interesting footage online that is removed as quick as it goes up.
I’m not into conspiracy theories but is this thing a naturally occurring phenomena or could it have been created in a lab?
CBH
Good question Chris. If manufacturing closes production of projectiles, powder and other shooting related products stop.
I stocked up on cfe223 and superformance because they stopped importing it.
Cheers mate Bob

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/covid-19-coronavirus-updates-bans-closures-advisory-etc.55084/

It's up to 54 pages now, started about 6 weeks ago.

It's hard to say on its origin - this is a novel virus, meaning it crossed species from the animal world to us, strong evidence suggests it came from bats. However, Wuhan is home to China's version of the US CDC (and probably Ft. Meade as well). Looks like the chicoms knew about this all the way back in November of 2019 and sat on it/covered it up.

CBH
Chris this is for you mate. Don't show anyone else
Screenshot_20200402-223900_Messages.jpg

CBH
Chris this is for you mate. Don't show anyone else View attachment 339871
Bob, he was the first person I thought of. China are not showing their cards but NK haven’t been mentioned except that one leaked image.
I’m not sure anyone is to blame it’s supposed to be natural but there are some likely suspects out there for the spread of infectious diseases.
Oh and Victoria are s putting a hold on firearms sales. Heaven forbid that Aussies might fee themselves like they did in the Great Depression on free range rabbit .
@Fred Gunner Don’t tell that bowl head that Black powder is a novel way to enjoy some range time and make something go boom or he might use that on his next cabinet minister that needs execution. You work hard for one of the top Jobs in a communist country only to become range practice When the little bowl cut fella wants to get his jollies playing live fire.

Just bought an 8# jug of CFE223 from Midway about 15 minutes ago.

While they're not 1:1 the same, I've had good luck with IMR 4831 as a slow burner
Sgt Zim
We can't get an 8# jug of cfe223 so had to settle for 16 x1 pounds plus 5x1 pounds of superformance , plus 4 kilos of 2208/ Varget, 3# H4350 and a few other powders H4831sc/ adi 2213sc.
Hopefully that should last a while.
Forgot 2# of Benchmark and 2# of H4198/ adi1207 for my K Hornet.
Cheers Sarge
Bob Nelson.

Crazy, Like our toilet paper binge buying at present.
I know in Australia AR2206H is a versatile powder covering many cartridges. Perhaps not optimum velocity in all but compatible with many.
CBH
Chris try and get 2206H now, my gunshop only has 2209 and a fair bit of it. Nothing else all gone and not expecting another delivery for a long time.
Hopefully you have enough of powder to see you out.
Cheers mate Bob

Well, I've got lots of other components for other cartridges, but every bit of it is for hunting rifles, which is not the purpose of my recent purchase. I have just under 500 bullets for my 45-70, a couple hundred each for other calibers, and a variety of powders.
Sgt Zim
The 45/70 should discourage even the stupidest from coming your way
Cheers mate Bob

Sgt Zim
The 45/70 should discourage even the stupidest from coming your way
Cheers mate Bob

Unfortunately, the people who would feel some trepidation in facing down a 45-70 are generally not people I would need to worry about doing something stupid. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!