Strange Sightings, Creepy Feelings

Full Moon Stories?
1708009556249.png

Especially working emergency medicine, and clinicals. There was always a higher number of activity, births, crime, etc. Known Fact

The Moon dictates the tides. The Body is made up of over 90% water. It was suggested that the Moon can slightly increase intercranial pressure.

Moon "Greek=Luna or Lunar". This is where the term "Lunatic" derived.

Similar to how you can feel a barometric pressure drop, etc ..

Last edited:
Speaking of bears. This was during my first elk hunt in Colorado, Spring Boat Springs. My young Lab Savannah came with us since we were heading to South Dakota to hunt pheasants after our elk hunt.

One evening we came back to the house after dinner and hanging out in town and took Savannah out for her last walk. I walked across the street into an empty lot. She is taking care of business, when all of a sudden, she turned around, her hair was straight up, and she was growling. Strange for her to behave like, she was a very friendly dog and got along with everyone. I looked at her and asked what's wrong girl. She walked and got in front of me, growling and looking across the street. I had a small flashlight but couldn't see anything. I finally had enough of whatever was there that, I decided to head back to the house. Of course, my knuckle head friends laughed about it and didn't pay much attention to me. LOL.

The next day after we got back from hunting, I took Savannah for another walk, and we went to the same spot. As I'm there, a lady from a house near by shows up to see Savannah. We talked briefly and she tells of a black bear going through her grill and making a mess on her deck. So, I asked her about what time was that, and it was about 5 min after I was in the area. So, Savannah sensed the bear, and she could probably smell him and see him too, I never got to see it. Glad she was there with me that night.

I’ve spent a decent amount of time exploring old houses, ie early 1800’s and earlier.

I haven’t ever seen anything but I can think of three specific times that I got creepy crawlies.

The first was in an early home in Richmond, KY. Beautiful place that the current owner is in the process of redoing. We were standing in the living room and I heard a dog pawing at the other side of a door. It was loud and clear, so I asked the owner if his dog was there. He just said nope, there weren’t any dogs around. It seemed harmless enough but it was weird.

The other two occasions were hard to explain. One was in the house of a riverboat captain in Portland, KY and the other was in an old inn. I had been exploring and suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of get out. Sometimes things just feel…off. In each place, it was just one specific spot. The attic in one and a bedroom corner in the other. In the inn, I literally stopped moving for a long second. The owner laughed and said yep, everybody has the same reaction in that spot.

Nothing specific but I’ve had enough experience to believe there’s plenty out there that we don’t understand.
I used to make fun of people that claimed they had dealt with ghosts or other unexplainable issues. Then I spent 22 years working in prisons. I don't make fun of them anymore. Yes, there are plenty of things out there that we don't understand.

I used to make fun of people that claimed they had dealt with ghosts or other unexplainable issues. Then I spent 22 years working in prisons. I don't make fun of them anymore. Yes, there are plenty of things out there that we don't understand.
If you want to be actually scared out of your wits, please visit the Mansfield Reformatory in Mansfield Ohio. If you are a skeptic going in, you will be scared stupid

One evening last summer, I was sitting on our deck with my wife and trusty 'ole mutt Ben. It was a bright summer night, warm and a slight breeze.
We were talking and the next noise we heard was a sharp shrilling howl that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, my wife looked scared and my dog made a bee line into the house.
She asked me if that was a coyote? I said that it was not a coyote and a dying deer does not sound like that! A couple minutes later there was another howl but it did not sound like the previous one.
I am not sure what those were, but they were nothing like I have ever heard before. I am wondering if it could have been a Sasquatch?
This was a really awful sound that when I think about it today, still gives me chills.

One evening last summer, I was sitting on our deck with my wife and trusty 'ole mutt Ben. It was a bright summer night, warm and a slight breeze.
We were talking and the next noise we heard was a sharp shrilling howl that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, my wife looked scared and my dog made a bee line into the house.
She asked me if that was a coyote? I said that it was not a coyote and a dying deer does not sound like that! A couple minutes later there was another howl but it did not sound like the previous one.
I am not sure what those were, but they were nothing like I have ever heard before. I am wondering if it could have been a Sasquatch?
This was a really awful sound that when I think about it today, still gives me chills.
More than likely a democrat when confronted with logic versus feelings. More common than you think, some view this as cruelty to others but often necessary. ;-)

More than likely a democrat when confronted with logic versus feelings. More common than you think, some view this as cruelty to others but often necessary. ;-)
I guess lube is optional!!

I know what you're trying to explain .. there is an energy, from homes, establishments, people. Comfortable or unsettling. "If you ever been in the market for a home, looking at many listed, maybe some can relate. As soon as you walk in the door" ..
a neighbor committed suicide next door. As soon as an undesirable couple came to look at the home and asked me about the neighborhood, I told them about it and then stated, "I don't think the house is haunted..." They didn't move in.

That's really interesting. Owls have to be the most mysterious creatures.
My Grandmother, always talked of German folklore, a lone Owl perched outside, staring in your window was a sign someone was going to die in the home. I'm sure there's a long list.

View attachment 581801
My Mexican neighbors were trying to run a great horned owl out of a tree in their back yard with big flashlights, at the same time I was trying to let my grand daughter listen to it. He later explained that it greatly frightened his wife, who believed someone in their house was thus in danger. She also said she was afraid for their chihuahua.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZackLea959

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.