Stop in for Supper, friend

A fabulous dinner cruise on the Seine. IMG_4459.jpegIMG_4465.jpeg
 
Arnie is a great Tex Mex chef with authentic recipes.
Had the pleasure of meeting him last year.
My only gripe is he uses cilantro in everything.

Soap tacos

Soap enchiladas

Gross!

I use his recipes for ideas, but I New Mexico them.
 
Since you like Ceviche, you should try it with Shrimp. It’s amazing. My dad makes it and makes a special batch for me with no Cilantro. I hate Cilantro, prob the only Latin who hates it. :ROFLMAO:
Amigo!

No cilantro for this Gringo!
 
I’ve tried, but cannot eat it. I’m the only in my family who doesn’t like it. But then, I’m the only one who drives a truck, listens to country music, I’m the shortest and loves to hunts. Maybe I was adopted :ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:
My favourite dish!!! I thought it was confined to Italy - and to Rome, above all...
Very traditional and beloved Roman dish!
Great!
Tripe is very popular in Spain, we call it "callos" (pronounced cayos).

I eat almost anything, but have an aversion for this dish and have never tried it !
 
Tripe is very popular in Spain, we call it "callos" (pronounced cayos).

I eat almost anything, but have an aversion for this dish and have never tried it !

I remember this was a very popular dish on Sundays and this was served to kill the hangover from Saturday. This dish is called Mondongo and it’s served in a soup. Delicious. :ROFLMAO:
 
I remember this was a very popular dish on Sundays and this was served to kill the hangover from Saturday. This dish is called Mondongo and it’s served in a soup. Delicious. :ROFLMAO:
Yes in south Texas Menudo is made on Sunday morning and the restaurants have Sunday specials with a bowl of menudo on the side.

“Honey comb” or “tripa” and White hominy (large white corn maize) all in a nice tomato broth.

Lots of salt and lime to help cure the liquor shakes…. Yikes :A Bonk:
 
Nice, did you put down a base like mustard or jam? Or did you do traditional Texas salt and pepper?
I like to apply a mustard base and then liberally coat it with Slap your Daddy bbq rub and a little extra Salt and Pepper.

HH
 
I remember this was a very popular dish on Sundays and this was served to kill the hangover from Saturday. This dish is called Mondongo and it’s served in a soup. Delicious. :ROFLMAO:
Pickled Tripe is a Downeast Maine delicacy. Love it. One of the highlights of a visit home.
 
I like to apply a mustard base and then liberally coat it with Slap your Daddy bbq rub and a little extra Salt and Pepper.

HH
I did pork ribs yesterday, coated them with a mixture of dark beer mustard and peach jam, and Meat Church Hickory. Smoked at 275 for an hour then 350 for about another hour.

My kids said they were the best ribs I had ever made.
 
I did pork ribs yesterday, coated them with a mixture of dark beer mustard and peach jam, and Meat Church Hickory. Smoked at 275 for an hour then 350 for about another hour.

My kids said they were the best ribs I had ever made.
Add the Meat church hot honey hog as the last Rub on your ribs and you won’t be disappointed.

HH
 
They like Deeznuts and Honeyhog.
 
My two finest rams that I ever produced wouldn’t sell at my price. So being a practical man, rather than give all my years of breeding away for $79/cwt, I slaughtered them, hung them for 10 days and processed the saddle of each for the table and froze the rest for the dogs.

387#’s of mutton. I think they look glorious.

We have a thread for cigars, another for whiskey. Figured I’d invite a crowd and start a thread for what is for dinner tonight.

View attachment 693933
@Betterinthebush
Give me mutton over lamb any day. More flavour and if cooked correctly even more tender than lamb
You will go a long way to beat a roast leg of mutton, absolutely beautiful.
Unfortunately mutton is hard to get in Australia nowadays as all the namby pambys want lamb not real neat with real flavour.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,353
Messages
1,573,876
Members
169,869
Latest member
tropketvomi1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top