Stock duplicator

Leg7464

New member
Joined
Jun 16, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi,
Maybe one of you folks can point me in the right direction. I have an old Skb which I shoot well with, and a new citori Cxs which I don't shoot as well with. I assume the stock dimensions are slightly different. Assuming the Cxs is "chunkier" than the Skb stock, is it possible to use a stock duplicator (I think that's the correct term) to simply duplicate the Skb dimensions onto the existing Citori stock?
Thanks,
 
Stock duplication is normally done from a stock blank, not an already finished stock. And it’s not an exact process. There is a good bit of hand finishing needed after duplication.

You can have your Citori stock modified to adjust the cast, drop, LOP and even have material removed to make it less “chunky”. However you need to consider the cost to do so and would it be more financially feasible to start from with a shotgun that fits properly.

I understand that some firearms have a sentimental value, but if you’re willing to make such radical modifications to the Citori, I’m guessing that’s not the case.

Why not take your SKB and go to a proper stock fitter to have another SKB commissioned? Or sell the Citori and find something else that fits the discipline you intend to use it for.

BTW - I feel your pain. I had two Beretta 686’s that I couldn’t shoot to save my life. Sold them and found a Blaser F3 that is like an extension of my arm. Incredible difference in results with a better fitting shotgun.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes for you.
 
Macon gun stocks might be able to do it. I got a stock from them once for an old J P Sauer. I would start there

Any stock you get will require fitting.
 
Hi,
Maybe one of you folks can point me in the right direction. I have an old Skb which I shoot well with, and a new citori Cxs which I don't shoot as well with. I assume the stock dimensions are slightly different. Assuming the Cxs is "chunkier" than the Skb stock, is it possible to use a stock duplicator (I think that's the correct term) to simply duplicate the Skb dimensions onto the existing Citori stock?
Thanks,

Contact Tommy Shurley, he can do anything with wood

 
If you just want cheap.

And you have a comb that is too low.

Start with painters tape and build up layers trying to figure out where your eye needs to pattern on the Browning.

Too high well, then you gotta file.

Once you know the proper fit for the new gun work with someone to duplicate that.

Going to take a lot of work either way.

Consider ordering a book on shotgun fit.
 
A friend of mine has a duplicator. There may be better ones out there, but his come off the machine in a pretty rough state. There's a lot of work shaping the stock even after the machine is finished.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,429
Members
169,357
Latest member
trailrivet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top