Spring bears anyone?

My 17 year old daughter and I are headed to Quebec for her first bear hunt. We will both be bow hunting. Hopefully we are both able to get on a good one.
 
Must admit I am totally spoiled when it comes to black bears, living on northern half of Vancouver Island. They are out down low, still lots of snow up high, leave 26 May for a week with quad then will take boat up a mainland inlet for 10 days in search of a color phase, really enjoy that style of hunt, fish, eat seafood, and cruise beaches. Sleep and repeat. I really do miss the grizz season. Dam our manage by emotion government.

Good luck to all.

MB
 
MB that sounds great. My ideal black bear hunt would be in BC or SE Alaska, cruising the beaches and glassing the green areas...working the Inside Passage looking for bears and eating seafood at night. Beautiful big country and great waters to fish and pull shrimp & crab pots.
 
That's exactly it here at home. Good warm low tide evening expect seeing 10-20 bears per day. Not all are accessible or stand around for beach trip but seeing is most fun. Yes if you like seafood all is right over side of boat.

Truly am blessed to have so close and so little money.

Pics are one of my sons blacks and our beach grizzly I shot at 8'. Lifetime memories made there.

MB
 

Attachments

  • Joe's bear.JPG
    Joe's bear.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 159
  • Beach Grizz.JPG
    Beach Grizz.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 174
MB that sounds great. My ideal black bear hunt would be in BC or SE Alaska, cruising the beaches and glassing the green areas...working the Inside Passage looking for bears and eating seafood at night. Beautiful big country and great waters to fish and pull shrimp & crab pots.
1681899205267blob.jpeg
1681898991319blob.jpeg
1681899132735blob.jpeg

1747462371633blob.jpeg

SE Alaska is a great family or friends trip. What are you waiting for? I might know a guy with a boat. Bears, wolves, humpback whales, orca, dolphins, eagles, seals, sea lions, otters, fishing, crab pots, shrimp pots, clams, etc…. Had a pod of orcas pass right under my skiff. That was cool albeit a little “interesting.”
 
It's nice to see how many members are going for spring bears. It's a good experience that more people should get involved with.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,033
Members
169,241
Latest member
ElyseKee65
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top