Spoke with Bill at Swift Bullets yesterday

Not necessarily. You can drive around almost anywhere and see homeless camps. Street corners have people joule doing up signs saying, "Homeless. Anything helps. God bless." Sometimes they through in that they're veterans.

Then go into almost any.retail store or restaurant, or almost any other business and find "Help Wanted" or "Now Hiring" signs.

If you go into a grocery store you see some of the pan handlers spending food stamps or whatever they call.them now.

It's pretty.clear that the drug culture and liberal policies are breaking this country.

Way way back when I was in high school I took a business law class. We studied panhandlers and one of my classmates drew New York City as the area for him to look into.

Come to find out there was one person who sat on a corner with his hat in his hand. He didn't ask for anything but just sat there hoping that those who passed by would drop a coin or two into his hat.

Come to find out he was investigated by the good old IRS. They estimated that he earned close to 1 million dollars a year by just sitting on that corner with his hat in his hand. He wasn't arrested for panhandling but on tax evasion, if he would of only paid taxes on what was dropped into his had he would of had it made.

But back on the government tit. I had some friends who took in a foster child. One night while I was at their home having a beer or two the Mrs figured that if they could get a second foster child then they could afford to buy a few more expensive thing for themselves. They were living off of what the government was paying them for the foster child, money that should of went towards the kid. I got ticked off at her and got up and left after what I told them what I thought of them.

The real problem could be that Quinter KS has a population of 940 people. Might want to move the business somewhere with a larger employee pool.
Kristianstad, Sweden Must be a hella nice place because they are churning out north fork bullets and Norma down the road with out substandard wages . if swift really wanted to produce they could bump up production of the Afram and tone down production of the Scirocco® II ( their meat & potato money maker) , the Afram in .375 & up are a anomaly only guys like us want/ need
I got a 375Ruger so have to reload, and if north fork wants to make me bullets well that’s swifts loss , besides NF makes a better cupped solid anyway
and barns the best mono

Way way back when I was in high school I took a business law class. We studied panhandlers and one of my classmates drew New York City as the area for him to look into.

Come to find out there was one person who sat on a corner with his hat in his hand. He didn't ask for anything but just sat there hoping that those who passed by would drop a coin or two into his hat.

Come to find out he was investigated by the good old IRS. They estimated that he earned close to 1 million dollars a year by just sitting on that corner with his hat in his hand. He wasn't arrested for panhandling but on tax evasion, if he would of only paid taxes on what was dropped into his had he would of had it made.

But back on the government tit. I had some friends who took in a foster child. One night while I was at their home having a beer or two the Mrs figured that if they could get a second foster child then they could afford to buy a few more expensive thing for themselves. They were living off of what the government was paying them for the foster child, money that should of went towards the kid. I got ticked off at her and got up and left after what I told them what I thought of them.
You reminded me of a lady I know that has 5 foster kids and no job, single woman. The money from the foster kids is her only income. I do not know all the details

There is also a change in how families grow up these days. I grew up on a farm and there was never a shortage of work to be done.
Kids now grow up without even having a yard to mow. It’s a generalization but it’s happening more and more.
I won’t knock old Bill or his company at
Any level. He’s kept It going and produced great products for a long time. Just because he isn’t making your special bullet at this very moment doesn’t mean he is just off playing golf-bullets still coming along, just maybe for the very popular 6.5 crowd at the moment;)

Ask him if he will let a group of AH'ers come make bullets for a week or few, at a reduced hourly rate and on the condition that they can take home a portion of the A-frames they manufacture. ;-)

If you look at Google maps of Quinter, KS, it looks like to me that Swift has built a new building and might be in the process of moving from the old building, which wasn't much to look at.

1712797717861.png

1712797890735.png

Swift just needs to invest in robotics. They'll work 24/7/365.

Just a few of them could produce more bullets than you could imagine, even if they were running only 24/5

My buddy had a homeless guy squatting in a garage he owned. Tried to make a deal with him- mow the lawn once a week with the provided mower annd gas then he could stay there.

Was turned down by the squatter saying it was too much and he wasn’t accustomed to work
I’d have shot him in the face and buried him in the back yard!

Most to all of the Illegals around me make very good wages in comparison . There is a entire culture of Americans that are simply living off the Govt tit
I can not find fault in the rest of your comments

Many people don't seem to know how many of the illegals function in the US. At least I don't see it talked about. I grew up in an area with lots of illegals.

People will cross the open border. Work jobs at or below minimum wage, then when they feel they made enough, they go back to their home country with the money. In order to afford to live here for the brief period of time and get maximum profit, they will put 3-4 families in the smallest/cheapest place they can get. They often pack small homes like sardines, with one family per room!

The money is not staying in the country and the illegals do not care about the cost of living or living conditions because they do not intend to stay.

When I lived in Birmingham al for two years when my parents were getting the divorce there was a panhandler that got hit by a car and died at the 65 off ramp, they found out the guy had like 600,000 in the bank.

Who wants a menial job...? If you pay peanuts you get monkeys..

Overindulgence is also a form of abuse. By permitting jobless people to live on welfare checks, the United States government is inadvertently crippling their own citizens (who would otherwise have great potential) & making them lazy. Lazy people have no right to benefit from the sweat off the backs of those who legitimately work hard.

On a more optimistic note... don't worry, boys. The 300Gr Barnes TSX is currently available for the .375 Holland & Holland Magnum. In both factory loaded form & also as a reloading component. And it's as premium an expanding bullet as any.

Last edited:
The government hand outs and paying people to stay home is driving the cost of goods to 20% higher than 3 yrs ago.

Some People of the liberal persuasion continue to believe a Presidents policies have little impact to the economy.

The Trillions of borrowed dollars that went to pay people to stay home is still impacting the smaller and midsize business. Many can’t absorb the cost of paying a new unskilled employee $20 an hour. It’s not just that new unskilled employee. The 2 yr employee then wants a bump. And the 10 year employee wants his pay increased by 30%

His raw materials have most likely doubled in price

by the time your done Your in business for the honor of taking money in to hand to suppliers and employees.

The customer will not pay the additional amount for many products.

Would we pay double for Aframes that his margins are already thin on. Some may. But I’m sure he already does not sell enough to make him switch from bullets that are cheaper and faster to produce and sell 100 times the amount. Now cut that in half because fewer people will pay double.

Small business is being squeezed hard.

Just a note here: Everyone saying immigrants are ok with the “low wages” because of living thick and using welfare…..

Y’all do realize there are tons of LEGAL immigrants right? Locally we have a ton of legal immigrant farmhands. All get those “shitty” 16-18 an hour wages and live comfortably in single-person housing. Saying we support immigrants working doesn’t mean illegals.

And the guys saying “he needs to pay a realistic wage”. Wonder how bitchy everyone would be when said bullets triple in price?

It’s a sad fact that inflation and ridiculous spending, along with horrific benefits paid out by the .gov come NOWHERE close to what stuff can actually be manufactured for.

Being in business instead of a pedestal and actually pencilling out labor vs product price, I virtually guarantee that if Swift was paying fair wages as people say, their bullets would be priced out of the market vs competitors.

IF Bill is paying low wages it may be He is trying to control cost therefore reflected in the price of Aframes. Higher wages wil mean higher price of bullets and then this forum can judge him on the fact he should have controlled his costs.
Over my many years I have seen the folks who do not see the flames or feel the heat are the folks who tell you how to put out the fire.
Next thread will be on the high cost of bullets.

Fun fact, US unemployment is 3.8% below the historical level of 5.7%. It seems like MORE people are wanting to work than usual.

Kristianstad, Sweden population 43500. I have skipped all American bullets due to their unavailability and only use bullets available for purchase = made in Europe by North Fork and Wim Degol. I have always found the phenomenon of component shortages strange, if there is a market why not satisfy the need?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MohamedBid

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg