SOUTH AFRICA: Preliminary Thoughts From A First Timer

That's what I like so much about this site! So many people genuinely interested and happy for other members and their hunting adventures!

Wish I was there too! Sounds like you got a great Kudu! Pretty impressive if someone can put their arm all the way down through the curls! Mine was about the width of a pop/beer can. Probably could run a baseball bat through, but not an arm!
Glad to hear you're having a blast! Enjoy it all, and take it all in! You can't have too many pictures or too many experiences. I've had some amazing food in Africa too! I've heard good things about @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS so I'm sure you're in good hands! It's neat that you've met other AH members there too! That just adds to the trip!

Hi Bob. I don't have a measurement yet but it was exactly what I was looking for: tall, thick, and strong curls. Wik was able to put his arm through the inside of the curls all the way down. I will share photos later. I don't own a cell phone. My photos are on my camera with no way to download and share from here. All 4 except the zebra was with my Marlin MXLR in .338 Marlin. The zebra was with my Marlin 1895GBL/.45-70. The .338 Marlin would have been fine. I think Wik just wanted to see my big gun shoot.
@Tundra Tiger
Your description of your Kudu sounds like the looks after @ CoElkHunter but leave the curls out. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Glad the Marlins are working out especially the 338.
Bob

Again, full report with more time, but today I got my cow buff. 5 miles of hiking for a 45 yard frontal shot in heavy cover. She only went 20 after the shot. 325 grain brass solid Cutting Edge bullet from my .45-70 (1895GBL). Could not be happier. :D

Congrats @Tundra Tiger ! It sounds like you’re having a great time there.

I am still a bit jet lagged but hit the deck running after returning from Africa 3 days ago. Once things slow down a bit then I will consider writing up a brief summary of my experience there.

Regards,

Glad you are having a good hunt-tell the family hello from Firebird-enjoy the rest of your visit and safe travels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross