SOUTH AFRICA: Last Minute Trip To SA Plus Introduction

Jeff Oregon

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
First off my name is Jeff, 57 years old, and live in NW Oregon. My main hobby is big game hunting which lead me to Africa on two occasions. First trip was to East Cape for plains game and recently went to Limpopo for Cape Buffalo and more plains game.

My recent trip was not in the plans for this year but browsing through ads on AH I found a good price for a Buffalo hunt at @Lalamanzi Safaris. This was perfect as I really wanted to hunt Limpopo this time around. I booked my flight through Lori at Travel Express, even with the Covid stuff travel was a breeze ( Seattle to Doha then Doha to Johan). I flew on Qatar for the first time and really had a good experience.

During my hunt I took the following animals, Gemsbuck, Impala, Zebra, and a great Cape Buff. In addition I took several cull animals, a really nice female Wildebeest, a female Gemsbuck, and lots of Impala, oh and a nice pig for the trackers.

I want to give a big shout out to Abri and Justin at Lalamanzi. They really went out of their way to give me a fantastic hunt and now I am hooked. Already thinking and planning for my next trip.

The Buffalo was by far the toughest hunt as they were very hard to find. There seemed to be lots of bulls but they were very smart and hide really well in the tall grass. I got two shots on my bull under tough conditions and then Justin my PH snuck me within 30 yards to finish him off with two more shots from a 375 H&H. The bull measured 43” and was a beast!!!!

20210404_141941_resized.jpg
20210330_175514_resized.jpg
20210405_180039_resized.jpg
20210329_111654_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, congrats and thanks for sharing!

Nice work! Abri runs a great operation and Justin is a really good PH. Hunted with them last year as Covid as starting up and had an awesome trip. Congrats.

Congratulations on some fine animals. Thanks for posting.

Welcome and congrats on a great hunt!

Congrats on the nice cape buffalo. Good to see some hunt reports coming in to AH and good to hear the Qatar endorsements.

Welcome and congratulations on a great hunt. Beautiful buffalo bull! That's a great Impala ram and I like the gemsbok, too. I'm headed to Limpopo in July for my second buffalo.
Thanks for sharing.

Congrats, great trophies !

And thanks for sharing.

Beautiful animals! Well done! Thanks for sharing!

Great job neighbor. Thanks for the report. I’ve looked at the killer deals they offer many times.

Congrats on a great buff and welcome to the posting side of AH!

Welcome from the Columbia River Gorge!

Thanks for the report and congratulations!

Welcome! Very nice pictures. I’m going in June so I’m glad you had no problems getting there. Congrats

Awesome @Jeff Oregon!! Glad you had a wonderful time.

BTW welcome to AH. I have been learning a lot from other members here over the past 1 month as I prepare for my first safari. Great place to learn from others.

Last edited:
Fantastic Jeff.....that is a fine impala and a real great buff...glad you shared with us...welcome....FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,