SOUTH AFRICA: Kalahari Hunting With De Klerk Safaris

Josh3105

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Good Morning everyone, I recently returned from my second hunting trip to South Africa and felt that the least I must do is leave some positive feedback for my hosts.

This was my second trip with Hans and Marie of De Klerk safaris, my father and I hunted for 5 days a beautiful Kalahari location close to the Botswana border. This was my fathers first trip to Africa and let me tell you, he has definitely caught the bug!

The ranch that we stayed/hunted on was beautiful, really authentic styled african accomodation with a lovely pool off to the side. The staff are so pleasant and every meal time you are eating delicious and fresh African game meats. Personally, this level of hospitality really adds to the hunting as you can really relax and enjoy the evenings. What was really nice was the fact that you hunt where you are staying, whereas I have seen many trips in the Eastern cape where guys are driving for hours trying to reach different hunting areas.

The hunting was incredible and of particular note for both my father and I was the ability to track a wounded animal and the clear knowledge displayed by the trackers and PH. In the 5 days we were able to hunt several species including black wildebeest, springbok, warthog, impala, eland and jackal just to name a few. I have been able to succesfully hunt 12 different species over 2 trips and there are easily another 15-20 other species on the ranch.

I would thoroughly reccomend De Klerk safaris to anybody and would just like to again extend my thanks to Hans/Marie and the team for making the trip so memorable for my father and I.

20180514_173031.jpg
20180517_074803.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh3105

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Thanks ben, believe it or not they were taken from a mobile! Regardless of where you go you can't beat an African sunrise/sunset

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats Josh, we would appreciate a few more pics of your hunt :D

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Congrats on the hunt! Love the sunset pics!

cagkt3

Titanium supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Very unique eland, congrats on the trip!

kevin masters

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
looks like a great trip! Glad you and your dad got to share it together!!!

crudeoildude

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
nra bow hunters of wyo
nice elandacorn I like it.congratulations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pureverags

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg