Something a little different

AZDAVE

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 26, 2013
Messages
5,925
Reaction score
13,240
Media
215
Hunting reports
Africa
10
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Mozambique, Alaska,lower 48
For Sale a Ruger 77 Custom in 450 Marlin.

Will good reloading procedures you can get 458 American loads out of it.

That said I have only shot factory 350gr loads out of it. The peep sight is zeroed with that round.

There is a small chip at the rear tang area where I needed to provide a small relief. The chip was glued back in .

Stock is a high grade walnut Boyds stock.

Asking $1950 shipped to your FFL.

IMG_4794.JPG
IMG_4796.JPG
IMG_4797.JPG
IMG_4798.JPG
IMG_4799.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note about butt plates and length of pull. I ran both of my .458 American's with Neidner checkered steel butt plates. I never thought it kicked hard, except for with the 500gr. Hornady and 510gr. Winchesters. I ran both of those at 2,059fps. av. with both IMR4320 and H335.
If you want data for the .450 Marlin on a bolt gun, just PM me. I put over 15,000 rounds through mine in testing.(& some NA hunting)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,344
Messages
1,573,575
Members
169,761
Latest member
ConradMeji
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top