Some knives I made lately

Thank you!
 
I purchased one of Peter's knives a couple of years ago and it is my primary North American hunting knife. It is simply perfect for handling game and carries easily and securely in the traditional style sheath. I use a different knife for Africa with different intent. Peter's creations are ideal for this continent (his too I suspect! ;))
 
I make knives that I like and want for my selves and that I know works for my kind of hunting and forest use.
Don't make knives just because the modell is easy to sell.
 
"Snowed in" on double knives!:giggle:
Here is a double beaver tali knife:
thumbnail_20201008_121308.jpg
thumbnail_20201008_121406.jpg
 
And one more "doublebeaverknife"

thumbnail_20201009_162244.jpg
thumbnail_20201009_162315.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A real moose hunting knife!

thumbnail_20201012_124229.jpg
thumbnail_20201012_124302.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased one of Peter's knives a couple of years ago and it is my primary North American hunting knife. It is simply perfect for handling game and carries easily and securely in the traditional style sheath. I use a different knife for Africa with different intent. Peter's creations are ideal for this continent (his too I suspect! ;))
Could you post a pic of it?
What would you class as a North American hunting knife? I always like Old Timer knives . I probably thought they and similar would be popular there.
 
A new smaller knife in safaristyle:

thumbnail_20201028_124216.jpg
thumbnail_20201028_124234.jpg


Sheath made of cape buffalo leather and ostrich leg skin.
 
Nice
But I am not a fan of the Damascus Knives
Give me a regular Blade with a Bone or Stag Handle.
 
Hmmmm............... How could you know that's my next projekt?
thumbnail_20201103_133017.jpg
 
They are fun to make!
 
First one in Bowie style:

thumbnail_20201227_213235.jpg
thumbnail_20201227_213305.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great craftmanship Peter, it really looks just great ... (y) It is a beast, you can use it for any hunting/camping set up..
 
Interesting stacked guard! More handsome knives!
A story I was told by the owner of Western Cutlery before the Coleman Company takeover. Western sold thousands of their Bowie knives to the PX in Vietnam during the “police state”. General Westmorland made it illegal for soldiers to carry them off the bases. Reason was they were too good a self defense weapon and soldiers were using them as such. They weren’t allowed off base with their rifles, so the Bowie was the next best defensive weapon.
Another story of them was from “Soldier of Fortune” magazine editor Mr. Brown. He ordered a batch of them to distribute to a group of mercenaries. He wouldn’t tell us where they were going. Spooky people!
 
Last edited:
Don't think there is mutch use for that knife over here but it is
very fun to make them.
It's also good to have something to attract the eyes when I am
selling knives on a local game fair etc!
 
i like peters knives the best,have 4 of them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,392
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top