Some Hard To Find Brass Available

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I am in no way affiliated with these guys but another member pointed me to Bertram USA. I didn't know there was such a thing. They had 500 Jeffrey in stock as well as 470 and 500NE, 500 weatherby and lots of obscure cartridges it looked like. I was a bit leary, but in bad need of some brass so I pulled the trigger. I received an email from thier sales rep and not too long thereafter I got tracking info. I don't have the brass in hand yet but it shows it is supposed to be here Monday via UPS. So if you need some hard to find brass you may want to check them out. Looks like they just got a shipment in and it may be a while before they get another according to the website.

I believe these guys are also going to import Woodleigh bullets when they resume production. I know Midwayusa was a major importer before the fire, but I'm hoping they continue to import them as well.

Have to watch with there brass, I had some 7wsm they made years ago and there were more then 15 grains different from lightest to heaviest. I thought maybe a bad run but talking with some guys it was common with there brass for some reason. New stuff maybe be fine but worth checking if you get some.

Absolutely, Bertram is by far the worst brass I've used, but sometimes they are the only player in town. I bought some .405 Winchester once and the bur above the flashhole was so bad that I got a few misfires. Anyways, I purchased 60 pieces of Bertram .577 brass as my "practice" brass, and saving 40 pieces of Jamison for actual hunting.

That sucks, maybe I will get lucky and get a decent batch. I guess I can always weight sort it into lots and clean it up good. I guess it is better than no brass.
Don't worry about it, I'm not saying Bertram isn't serviceable, you may just have to clean up a few things like flash holes. Lyman makes a handy flash hole deburring tool, I recommend you pick one of those up if you don't have one already!

Yeah. That's probably a good idea. I hope its serviceable. I paid $700 for 100 pcs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
What flavor is your 500 jeff? I've been going back and forth on the idea of getting a 500 barrel for my R8. Doesn't make sense at all, but I still want one!

Will do. I have a thread started in the firearms section. I plan to do a report on it when i get some more rounds down range. There is one on the 416 as well.

Have read threads about Bertram brass and most said it needed annealing before loading and firing. Have always avoided it myself.

That's actually probably not a bad idea. I will probably fire up the torch on this stuff before I even start reloading it.

Have read threads about Bertram brass and most said it needed annealing before loading and firing. Have always avoided it myself.
Bertram's quality control is REALLY bad! At least some of the stuff that I tried to use. Annealing does help, but still...I avoid it if I have a choice.

Damn, they must really suck! I wish I had known that before I dropped $700 on that stuff, but then again there isn't a whole lot of.options at the moment for 500 Jeffrey brass.

Damn, they must really suck! I wish I had known that before I dropped $700 on that stuff, but then again there isn't a whole lot of.options at the moment for 500 Jeffrey brass.
Sometimes you don't have a viable alternative source. I had to use theirs for a 9.3x80 combination gun I once had. There was about a 75% failure rate....

Just to be clear, not all of Bertram's product's are bad. I have some for my 11mm Sauer double that has been good...

Sometimes you don't have a viable alternative source. I had to use theirs for a 9.3x80 combination gun I once had. There was about a 75% failure rate....
If you are losing 75% reloading 9.3X80 you are doing something very wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross