sizing .375

mitch4570

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Joined
Feb 10, 2014
Messages
423
Reaction score
632
Any notes on sizing 375 H&H I should know. I have heard of case bulges developing ahead of the belt, and that it is better not to run the sizing die any further down than necessary.

How many loads are you getting from each case.

Also innovative technologies makes a collet sizing die has anyone have any experiance with them.

Thanks
Mitch
 
Any notes on sizing 375 H&H I should know. I have heard of case bulges developing ahead of the belt, and that it is better not to run the sizing die any further down than necessary.

How many loads are you getting from each case.

Also innovative technologies makes a collet sizing die has anyone have any experiance with them.

Thanks
Mitch

I've not had any case bulge issues with mine and I've shot hundreds of rounds through it now, mostly reloads. I'm guessing here, but I think I'm getting 3-4 loads per case. My general rule is to set the FL sizing die into the press only far enough to just bump the shoulder enough that it will feed without an unduly tight bolt close. This minimizes case stretch.

I've not used dies from Innovative but I have used the collet neck sizing die from Lee in other calibers. I use them in conjunction with a Redding Body die, but I don't think they make those in .375H&H.

Hope that helps.
 
My records show 1,353 .375 H&H rounds loaded for three different rifles (2 Ruger No 1 and a Weatherby Mark V).

I have never yet full-length sized a 375.

Now, if I was going DG hunting with a 375, I would probably use ammo loaded in virgin brass.

But for everything else, neck sizing has always been fine for me.

Case life varies depending on how hot your loads are, and if you are heavy crimping.

I have some cases that have been loaded a half-dozen times and the primer pockets are still ok and the necks still have good tension on the bullet. I try to use cases that have not been loaded more than a couple times, for hunting loads. Save the older cases for practice.

My experience with collet dies has been good (Lee brand for several different cartridges).

Tim
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,159
Members
169,908
Latest member
KarineDewe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top