Site Freezes?

Only issues I am having is from main computer at shop and home.
Taptalk on iPhone no issues loading fast as always.

Site performance has definitely improved by a substantial amount. Thanks, Jerome! :)

By far greatest site on the web but yes extremely slow on my apple products….

For the last six-weeks are so it has been very slow working within the site. I even had a couple of members contact me wondering if they were being "shadow banned." :oops: I suggested @BRICKBURN was a far better resource. :A Way To Go: But seriously, it is still very slow today moving from page to page within the site.

Everytime I go to this Site and Click on anything It Freezes. It will load but takes Forever. I never have any problems anywhere else on the Net? Just this Site. Does anyone else Exsperience this?
Yes and I am on a gigabit network. It was so bad a while ago that I quit logging in. Interestingly, if I was not logged in then the site would come up fast. So, it might have been authentication related.

1685558560832.png

It's usually just fine on my computer but can go into sort of a buffeting thing from time to time where a page just won't load on my phone. Did it again today and has done it for over a year. It gets bad enough where I just have to abandon the site for a while. Otherwise if I wait it may take 5 minutes or more to go back to normal.

A few days ago it was very unresponsive but is better now.

Site is still pretty slow on my end, but no plans to give up on it!

Performance on the site does seem to be intermittently slow. Especially so when loading pictures.

Maybe lowering the default resolution for photos in posts might help? Or is it possibly a throttled hosting account? I know other forums that use the same underlying software do not seem to experience these same slow-down symptoms.

Everytime I go to this Site and Click on anything It Freezes. It will load but takes Forever. I never have any problems anywhere else on the Net? Just this Site. Does anyone else Exsperience this?
Absolutely, I have experienced this! I've not wanted to offend anyone so I have kept quiet, but this site is painfully slow at times!! Maybe the time of day and traffic on here slows things down, but most evenings I just give up and watch hunting videos on TV.

Slow on the apple and average on my Office computer. What would really help is the ability to post photos off of the iPad and not be constrained by Tap Talk. Having to wait to post photos on my office computer is a real drag.

HH

To those experiencing slow load times, it might be beneficial to indicate which browser and platform you use.

On both mobile and desktop I use the Brave browser with "shields up." Occasionally I do experience a slow page load, but most of my time on AH is pretty smooth, not enough to properly frustrate me yet.

To those experiencing slow load times, it might be beneficial to indicate which browser and platform you use.

On both mobile and desktop I use the Brave browser with "shields up." Occasionally I do experience a slow page load, but most of my time on AH is pretty smooth, not enough to properly frustrate me yet.
Good insight on browsers. I running Edge, which really kind of sucks overall.
Got to change that.
I have experienced slow loading of pages, with lots of pictures the last couple of weeks.
Wasn’t sure if it was my router ( rebooted) the website, or my wife watching Netflix.

Nevertheless, for me, the website has improved recently.
For the value of African expertise, rifle knowledge and good opinions, I will gladly wait for pages to load.
Thank you Jerome, and Africa Hunting!

Maybe delete the joke and politics forums and that will clear at least half of the files and speed things up. Just a suggestion.

Logging in can take 5 minutes some days. It did just now.

The pages can be looooaaaaaadiiiiiiiiinnngggg for several minutes at times. It the case just now.

I've observed that pictures posted in the threads are often wastly-many-many-many times larger than than they need to be for web viewing. The use of bandwith could be significantly reduced by enforcing a maximum image size, more in line with web viewing.

Back to experiencing extensive load times for both mobile and desktop browsing on different networks. The search feature in particular is practically unusable. This is meant as more of a heads up than it is a complaint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross