Sig brass in Barnes boxes?

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
398
Reaction score
550
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Has anyone seen this before?
Image1660361016.928949.jpg
IMG_2003.JPG
IMG_2004.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have several boxes of this load and two boxes have Sig brass the rest have Barnes brass.

I also saw that some have gold primers and some have silver primers. ( the second and third photos are the same. I couldn’t get it changed)
 
Hard to tell from a picture, but if the case head/rim is dinged up, they could be reloads.
 
Yes, especially in 308 Barnes loads. We have been seeing this since Covid hit and when Barnes stopped production for awhile. Since reopening the Barnes plant we were told they had to out source brass since they could not produce enough. Sig was the closest plant and had a good supply to sell them.

I have even seen new boxes of 308 ammo with both Barnes and Sig headstamps in same box.
 
Well. To add to this I just pulled a new box of Barnes 308 168 TTSX off the shelf and it has brass stamped GFL in it.
IMG_4319.jpg
 
Im only getting my Barnes factory offerings from Federal for now. I had a previous issue with Barnes branded ammunition. The bullets being able to spin 360 degrees in the brass. This was a common issue for a while.
 
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I’ve seen Fiocci ammo with GFL head-stamp.
I wonder if Remington (who made brass) selling to Sierra(?) has something to do with the brass having a different head stamp?
 
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I’ve seen Fiocci ammo with GFL head-stamp.
I wonder if Remington (who made brass) selling to Sierra(?) has something to do with the brass having a different head stamp?

Partially correct.
I called a Barnes sales rep.
He stated that when the Barnes assets were sold and they started back up. They are loading with what head stamped brass they had. Didn’t matter what stamp was in it. Since it was a Remington subsidiary before they had different brass head stamps in plant. But all loading data and specs stayed the same.
 
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I’ve seen Fiocci ammo with GFL head-stamp.
I wonder if Remington (who made brass) selling to Sierra(?) has something to do with the brass having a different head stamp?
I spoke with Barnes staff at the SCI Convention in January. Sierra is allowing Barnes to function as a stand alone business at this time. I like that.

Barnes does not make brass. They have to get brass somewhere. Kind of wonder why they don't have Starline make some for them with a Barnes headstamp.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,571,094
Members
169,257
Latest member
PatrickHen
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top