Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone seen this before?
Image1660361016.928949.jpg
IMG_2003.JPG
IMG_2004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several boxes of this load and two boxes have Sig brass the rest have Barnes brass.

I also saw that some have gold primers and some have silver primers. ( the second and third photos are the same. I couldn’t get it changed)

Hard to tell from a picture, but if the case head/rim is dinged up, they could be reloads.

Yes, especially in 308 Barnes loads. We have been seeing this since Covid hit and when Barnes stopped production for awhile. Since reopening the Barnes plant we were told they had to out source brass since they could not produce enough. Sig was the closest plant and had a good supply to sell them.

I have even seen new boxes of 308 ammo with both Barnes and Sig headstamps in same box.

Well. To add to this I just pulled a new box of Barnes 308 168 TTSX off the shelf and it has brass stamped GFL in it.
IMG_4319.jpg

Im only getting my Barnes factory offerings from Federal for now. I had a previous issue with Barnes branded ammunition. The bullets being able to spin 360 degrees in the brass. This was a common issue for a while.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I’ve seen Fiocci ammo with GFL head-stamp.
I wonder if Remington (who made brass) selling to Sierra(?) has something to do with the brass having a different head stamp?

I wonder if Remington (who made brass) selling to Sierra(?) has something to do with the brass having a different head stamp?

Partially correct.
I called a Barnes sales rep.
He stated that when the Barnes assets were sold and they started back up. They are loading with what head stamped brass they had. Didn’t matter what stamp was in it. Since it was a Remington subsidiary before they had different brass head stamps in plant. But all loading data and specs stayed the same.

I spoke with Barnes staff at the SCI Convention in January. Sierra is allowing Barnes to function as a stand alone business at this time. I like that.

Barnes does not make brass. They have to get brass somewhere. Kind of wonder why they don't have Starline make some for them with a Barnes headstamp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!