Show your Enfields

@yumastepside
Roger you have excellent taste for custom builds with Enfields. They are built like a brick shit house, easy to modify for magnum kenght cartridges and unless modified for that silly cock on opening are lightening fast to use. When the guppy belly is flattened out they looked great but if you leave the guppy belly alone on the M17 you can get 6 rounds of the 06 family in the mag.
Some people straighten the dog leg bolt but I personally like it. It's in the right spot for fast follow up shots especially if it is left as cock on closing.
Some Muppets say the Eddystone variant is subject to cracking. This a load of BULLSHIT. The barrels of the Enfields were put in with a hydraulic wrench and some were over tightened. When Bubba the blacksmith tries to undo these the wrong way he will stuff the action.
If you run a hacksaw around the barrel between the barrel shoulder and the action it relieve the pressure and they can almost be undone by hand or with minimal effort.
Bob
View attachment 487843
My two custom Enfields.
View attachment 487844
My son's custom No4 Mk2 25/303 Epps. 100gn projectiles @3,300fps and 117grain SST @3,000fps. Groups less than moa all day.
View attachment 487846
My old beater a No1 Mk111 in 303.
View attachment 487847
My No4 Mk2 SMLE converted to 444 marlin. I was capable of launching a 280gr Woodleigh RNSP @almost 2,400fps. In a 7.5 pound field read rifle it got your attention. Sold it to build my 35 Whelen.
In hind sight a silly mistake but that's life. I have had a lot of fun learning about the Whelens and getting them to perform properly.
Bob
I can see that Bob really likes his Enfields

I like smle's, and there ilk, though when someone says "Enfield's" I immediately think of muzzLe loaders. I’ve only got one smle, a 42’ Lithgow refurbed in 53 to a range rifle and a Parker Hale no.4 safari. Should dig them out of the safe at some stage for another play.
gumpy

Just wondering could a 303 be rebored to a 9.3x74r? I know of a guy located in Oregon that does Reboring jobs on rifles, thought to contact him to see if it could be done. I have spoken to him about using one of my 1917s for a rebore to 9.3x62 but I haven’t done it yet. Looks like that action can be used for even bigger stuff. I am curious to how much might it cost to turn a 1917 into say a 404 Jeffery or say something a bit bigger? I love those enfields and the 1917s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.