Show your Enfields

@yumastepside
Roger you have excellent taste for custom builds with Enfields. They are built like a brick shit house, easy to modify for magnum kenght cartridges and unless modified for that silly cock on opening are lightening fast to use. When the guppy belly is flattened out they looked great but if you leave the guppy belly alone on the M17 you can get 6 rounds of the 06 family in the mag.
Some people straighten the dog leg bolt but I personally like it. It's in the right spot for fast follow up shots especially if it is left as cock on closing.
Some Muppets say the Eddystone variant is subject to cracking. This a load of BULLSHIT. The barrels of the Enfields were put in with a hydraulic wrench and some were over tightened. When Bubba the blacksmith tries to undo these the wrong way he will stuff the action.
If you run a hacksaw around the barrel between the barrel shoulder and the action it relieve the pressure and they can almost be undone by hand or with minimal effort.
Bob
View attachment 487843
My two custom Enfields.
View attachment 487844
My son's custom No4 Mk2 25/303 Epps. 100gn projectiles @3,300fps and 117grain SST @3,000fps. Groups less than moa all day.
View attachment 487846
My old beater a No1 Mk111 in 303.
View attachment 487847
My No4 Mk2 SMLE converted to 444 marlin. I was capable of launching a 280gr Woodleigh RNSP @almost 2,400fps. In a 7.5 pound field read rifle it got your attention. Sold it to build my 35 Whelen.
In hind sight a silly mistake but that's life. I have had a lot of fun learning about the Whelens and getting them to perform properly.
Bob
I can see that Bob really likes his Enfields
 
I like smle's, and there ilk, though when someone says "Enfield's" I immediately think of muzzLe loaders. I’ve only got one smle, a 42’ Lithgow refurbed in 53 to a range rifle and a Parker Hale no.4 safari. Should dig them out of the safe at some stage for another play.
gumpy
 
Just wondering could a 303 be rebored to a 9.3x74r? I know of a guy located in Oregon that does Reboring jobs on rifles, thought to contact him to see if it could be done. I have spoken to him about using one of my 1917s for a rebore to 9.3x62 but I haven’t done it yet. Looks like that action can be used for even bigger stuff. I am curious to how much might it cost to turn a 1917 into say a 404 Jeffery or say something a bit bigger? I love those enfields and the 1917s
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,266
Messages
1,571,037
Members
169,247
Latest member
JacobPumph
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top