Show Us Your Highland Stalker

My .275. Only "custom" feature was a slightly longer throat to optimize 170 class bullets. Pure luck with the stock.
New Rigby .275

Rigby Texas Hill Country Stalker

Puku  Hunting Zambia
The stock is amazing!

OK, you guys are putting me to shame. Here are a couple of better photos of our Highland Stalker.

Image1684501459.861364.jpg
Image1684501522.222582.jpg

Several months ago someone posted before and after pics of their refinished HS, but for the life of me can't remember who it was or find the post. I hope they post it. Nicest finished HS I've ever seen.

Here is mine. Unfortunately I haven't bought it yet. I just got to dream of the future handling it in the Rigby shop a few years ago while passing through London. But one day...
IMG_3548.JPG

Several months ago someone posted before and after pics of their refinished HS, but for the life of me can't remember who it was or find the post. I hope they post it. Nicest finished HS I've ever seen.
That might have been me. I went darker and knocked down some shine. I posted a quick pic above.

That might have been me. I went darker and knocked down some shine. I posted a quick pic above.

Yeah I think it was yours, I missed the pic before but think I recognize the grain. I tried finding the post where you showed the before and after but couldn't. The new finish made the grain pop and gave it that old world Rigby look.

Last edited:
Im the guy that always argues I can do the same thing with a $1K winchester that I can do with a $10K rigby... I'd rather spend the additional $9K on a hunt...

but you guys are making me green with envy..

those are some absolutely beautiful rifles..

Im the guy that always argues I can do the same thing with a $1K winchester that I can do with a $10K rigby... I'd rather spend the additional $9K on a hunt...

but you guys are making me green with envy..

those are some absolutely beautiful rifles..
Keeping up with the Joneses isn't easy. I lay full blame at the feet of the AH membership for nearly all of my firearm purchases since I joined.

BTW - No pictures of a Rigby HS for me...we only have rifles from the company that owns them. :ROFLMAO: ;):A Stirring::A Popcorn:

Mine is in 30/06, has EAW mounts and a 4x S&B. I use her more often than not with the scope off. My photography does not do justice to the rifle.
It’s interesting that there have been comments as to scope height on Aussie_Hunters rifle. I often get the same comment from people. I’m happy with my setup. I don’t think I could get a lower scope/mount profile, unless I switched over to a non-QD return to zero system. The most common question I’m asked about my HS is “why didn’t you get it in 275 Rigby?”

1B281A3B-AED0-401A-984D-DB8D84AE74D9.jpeg
AA8EA2D8-0CDF-42C7-8C5A-CD1E6E295DCF.jpeg
40099D4D-07C2-45A0-B0EA-165685550BBE.jpeg
4871CAD6-FC8C-4F88-AB98-316A8BC3A0AA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice buff too!
It definitely looks like the mounts in the top photo EAW? Sit lower than the hexalock mounts. I'm not sure I would have enough bolt clearance with those mounts?

My wife’s buffalo, it was a great hunt I. Dande with Len Taylor.

Yes, that rifle has had EAW, then Talley and now back to EAW mounts. Now that my wife has declared herself done with buffalo, the rifle sports EAW mounts with a Z6 1.7-10x42. The EAW mounts allow the scope to be mounted as low as possible with the Swarovski eye-piece (Talley lows are too low), and also allows the scope to be mounted further to the rear for better positioning. I believe that I am now done tinkering with it, other than additional load development for a Romania hunt this fall.

My wife’s buffalo, it was a great hunt I. Dande with Len Taylor.

Yes, that rifle has had EAW, then Talley and now back to EAW mounts. Now that my wife has declared herself done with buffalo, the rifle sports EAW mounts with a Z6 1.7-10x42. The EAW mounts allow the scope to be mounted as low as possible with the Swarovski eye-piece (Talley lows are too low), and also allows the scope to be mounted further to the rear for better positioning. I believe that I am now done tinkering with it, other than additional load development for a Romania hunt this fall.
I'm guessing the Romanian hunt is for boar? What sort of load are you considering?

As a few of you probably already know, I recently purchased a Rigby Highland Stalker in 9.3X62. Finally got my hands on it today, haven't had it on the range yet but so far super happy with it.

I have noticed quite a few different threads on here where people are asking about scope mounts for this rifle, chamberings, costs, upgrades, weight, best scope choices etc. I thought maybe a thread specific to Highland Stalkers might help people out when they are considering one and looking for info on these rifles.

So show us your Highland Stalkers!

Mine is the standard configuration as per the specs on Rigby's website, no upgrades, chambered in 9.3X62, built in 2018 so has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while, genuine Mauser Hexalock mounts, Leupold VX-3HD 1.5-5 scope, rifle weighs in at 8.74lbs unloaded with the mounts and scope, perfect amount of bolt clearance with the scope using the Hexalock mounts. I'm going to be running heavy for calibre 320 grain Woodleighs through it for big game in the northern part of Australia. Will be sure to let you know how it shoots when I get it the range.

View attachment 534560View attachment 534565View attachment 534566View attachment 534569View attachment 534570View attachment 534571View attachment 534572View attachment 534573
Absolutely beautiful gun! I bought the Rigby predicesor of the HS which was the Rigby HV made In 1956. I will be posting my pictures soon as i can. I had to have it refurbished. I was going to have it done like a HS but a phone call into London Rigby talked me out of it. They convinced me to keep it true to the Rigby HV which has an identical barrel but the stock does not have the red hue and it has the comb on the cheek piece which the HS does not have. An added bonus is my Rigby 275 HV easily accepts 170 grain bullets with no problems.

I'm guessing the Romanian hunt is for boar? What sort of load are you considering?

Red deer and roe deer actually. I am looking to develop loads for the 250 gr accubond.

All nice rifles shown. I sometimes think they are too nice for the field but it would be nice to hunt Africa (or anywhere) with a nice classic rifle and a tented camp to recreate that old world feeling or nostalgia.

All nice rifles shown. I sometimes think they are too nice for the field but it would be nice to hunt Africa (or anywhere) with a nice classic rifle and a tented camp to recreate that old world feeling or nostalgia.
I used to think this way a bit as well, but have just accepted the fact if I am going to use it then it will likely get scratched and I have come to terms with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.