Shooting Accidents...

I would think that if there was a malfunction that occurred, that could be considered an accident. Most times this is not the case. It's usually human error, be it from lack of knowledge, lack of intelligence, or lack of giving a shit. I agree with Bruce and others that, as these are very preventable, they are not truly "accidents". You may have noticed that when I did use that word in my last post in this thread it was in quotation marks. That was for good reason.
 
the very heading of this thread gives a clue to human nature.
we tend to look for an escape clause when something goes wrong.
the truth of the matter is that there is no such thing as a shooting accident.
in fact there is only shooting negligence, and that must be called for what it is.
if every firearms handler had this mental approach, there would never be a negative incident.
we are weak in this area, and this weakness does not help a victim.
bruce.
People talk of 'near miss'. No such thing, just near hits.
 
So, is a near miss a hit?
And a near hit a miss?
A miss is a miss and a hit is a hit. If it gets pretty close it is a near hit. But how can you have pretty close to a miss - that implies it was a hit near the edge. It is still a hit!
 
A miss is a miss and a hit is a hit. If it gets pretty close it is a near hit. But how can you have pretty close to a miss - that implies it was a hit near the edge. It is still a hit!
This reminds me of a joke Ronnie Corbett used to tell: a man goes into a bar and he say's to the barman "I'll have a whiskey without". So the barman say's "Without what?" And the man say's " What haven't you got?"
 
I would think that if there was a malfunction that occurred, that could be considered an accident. Most times this is not the case. It's usually human error, be it from lack of knowledge, lack of intelligence, or lack of giving a shit. I agree with Bruce and others that, as these are very preventable, they are not truly "accidents". You may have noticed that when I did use that word in my last post in this thread it was in quotation marks. That was for good reason.
I agree to a point, but a malfunction with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction is still just a malfunction.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,570,688
Members
168,961
Latest member
BrittanyWi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top