Shark in suburbs

Bull sharks ripped a girl to pieces at North Straddy,a great story of bravery too.


I remember that. When she was in the rescue chopper she said to the ambulance man I knew
“Don’t let me live” - both arms and legs were ripped off.
That was very close to the shoreline and I think she jumped off a jetty into the water.
North Straddy - North Stradbroke island just off coast near Brisbane.
 
Another case of info being withheld,the commercial interests wouldn't want holiday bookings cancelled or future booking numbers jeopardised.
Lets not tell the public that we have a pack of maneaters here eh!
Reminds me of a Peter Benchley book from 1974 with much of the same above
 
Just reading news.com.au and a holiday destination blurb caught my eye. Yes swim with the seals,the favourite prey of great whites!

PLAY:

No visit to the region is complete without a trip to Montague Island off the coast of Narooma. Surrounded by a few hundred friendly locals (yes, I’m talking about the resident fur seals), this is a nature encounter like no other. The trip itself is about 20 minutes off the coast, but once you arrive on to the island you won’t want to leave.

Nothing beats a dive with the friendly seal locals at Montague Island. Picture: GoPRO Hero9

Nothing beats a dive with the friendly seal locals at Montague Island.
Some of the friendly locals in the water off Montague Island. Picture: GoPRO Hero9

Some of the friendly locals in the water off Montague Island.
As the second largest island off the coast of NSW, what brings tourists to the island is the abundance of seals and Little penguins – both of which will join you for a swim.

As you can only get there with a chartered tour, Wazza – who has been running tours for more than 20 years – knows all the best spots for a seal swim.

Montague Island is home to a few hundred friendly seals, who love to join you for a swim. Picture: Eurobodalla Shire.

Montague Island is home to a few hundred friendly seals, who love to join you for a swim. Picture: Eurobodalla Shire.Source:Supplied
 

Attachments

  • 0f3341ef6af7e91c4506d071a7861d30.jpg
    0f3341ef6af7e91c4506d071a7861d30.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 1d35531d7c9fcda13e9604701fc851af.jpg
    1d35531d7c9fcda13e9604701fc851af.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 2501aabb3a16ff870348bd058602fe23.jpg
    2501aabb3a16ff870348bd058602fe23.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 144
Just reading news.com.au and a holiday destination blurb caught my eye. Yes swim with the seals,the favourite prey of great whites!

PLAY:

No visit to the region is complete without a trip to Montague Island off the coast of Narooma. Surrounded by a few hundred friendly locals (yes, I’m talking about the resident fur seals), this is a nature encounter like no other. The trip itself is about 20 minutes off the coast, but once you arrive on to the island you won’t want to leave.

Nothing beats a dive with the friendly seal locals at Montague Island. Picture: GoPRO Hero9

Nothing beats a dive with the friendly seal locals at Montague Island.
Some of the friendly locals in the water off Montague Island. Picture: GoPRO Hero9

Some of the friendly locals in the water off Montague Island.
As the second largest island off the coast of NSW, what brings tourists to the island is the abundance of seals and Little penguins – both of which will join you for a swim.

As you can only get there with a chartered tour, Wazza – who has been running tours for more than 20 years – knows all the best spots for a seal swim.

Montague Island is home to a few hundred friendly seals, who love to join you for a swim. Picture: Eurobodalla Shire.

Montague Island is home to a few hundred friendly seals, who love to join you for a swim. Picture: Eurobodalla Shire.Source:Supplied

I was interested until you mentioned great whites!☹️
 
Bold bastards that can tolerate pure fresh water for extended periods. There is a well documented case of one that was caught in 1937 in the Mississippi River near Alton, Illinois. That is more than a thousand miles upstream from the Gulf of Mexico. They have been fairly regularly reported in the river every few years up to Baton Rouge, Louisiana which is more than 200 miles by river to the Gulf.
I heard that story, nearly every time I swam in fresh water, when I was a kid. We live about one hour north of Alton. That shark has been everything from a bull shark to a tiger shark, to a great white.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,151
Members
169,710
Latest member
Cpirillo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top