AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
As we are entering the hunting season, and tourism season in general, one issue always comes to mind - ‘security’- followed by other questions of concern. Will our visiting hunters and tourists be safe in our beautiful Namibia?

Louw (1997) defined security as “The condition of freedom from external physical threats which a nation state enjoys”. The major areas of concern, especially for the state, are to concentrate on the safety and security of individuals, shelter and education. But the most important is protection from physical violence.

But what is referred to in this case, is the physical security of the hunters in various institutions of hunting, being in vehicles, accommodation facilities or on our roads.

Be reminded, as NAPHA members, to adhere to the physical safety and security measures of our guests and their belongings. They should have their traveling documents in safe custody at all times, to be able to return to their various places of origin. They should also be able to reach home in one piece. However, it is a well-known fact that some of you are familiar with these regulations, but go an extra mile and polish up. Get the contact numbers of the relevant law enforcement units and sub-units in your area of responsibility to refer to in case of emergency.

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarielCary

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J