Searcy Double Rifle 470 NE Left Hand

LES7

AH veteran
Reaction score
Guns I don’t want to sell posting #1. Shoulders are shot now, and I won’t ever shoot it.
field grade made in 2000. 40 rounds 500gr included I’ll ship those separate.
I bought it around 3 years ago and haven’t shot it. It’s in great condition. There is a small section bluing rubbed a little thin from previous owner, probably from gun rack or something.
I will list it on other sites soon. Just hoping someone here can enjoy it or take to Africa.
$9700.00 OBO

IMG_0398.jpeg
IMG_0399.jpeg
IMG_0400.jpeg
IMG_0401.jpeg
IMG_0402.jpeg
IMG_0403.jpeg
IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_0434.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guns I don’t want to sell posting #1. Shoulders are shot now, and I won’t ever shoot it.
field grade made in 2000. 40 rounds 500gr included I’ll ship those separate.
I bought it around 3 years ago and haven’t shot it. It’s in great condition. There is a small section bluing rubbed a little thin from previous owner, probably from gun rack or something.
I will list it on other sites soon. Just hoping someone here can enjoy it or take to Africa.
$9700.00 OBO
Looks nice, very decent wood for what you refer to as “field grade”. I don’t know much about the doubles made by Butch Searcy but think they are out of California and had a following in the early 2000’s. I recall my PH in 2006 said he was considering getting one in .470 NE so he certainly thought they were reliable and quality. As a fellow lefty - i bought a Chapuis double in .470 NE (paid $14,800 in 2006: w/upgraded wood & some engraving) and was pleased with that as well. The other I considered was a Searcy. Good luck in your sale —- seems like a fair price and I would’ve certainly bought this back then for the price you’re asking....or even Now.. but I don’t need 2 and really not sure I’m keeping the one I have). Nice pics too.

Looks nice, very decent wood for what you refer to as “field grade”. I don’t know much about the doubles made by Butch Searcy but think they are out of California and had a following in the early 2000’s. I recall my PH in 2006 said he was considering getting one in .470 NE so he certainly thought they were reliable and quality. As a fellow lefty - i bought a Chapuis double in .470 NE (paid $14,800 in 2006: w/upgraded wood & some engraving) and was pleased with that as well. The other I considered was a Searcy. Good luck in your sale —- seems like a fair price and I would’ve certainly bought this back then for the price you’re asking....or even Now.. but I don’t need 2 and really not sure I’m keeping the one I have). Nice pics too.
Thanks, I’ve held a lot of doubles that I could never afford. This one is tight and very well made “All American Double”. Plus the maker answers emails and phone calls! I actually paid 10k for this one, not looking to make money, I just want it to go on a hunt, someone to enjoy it.

Listed on another site. I would rather sell in this group.

Thanks, I’ve held a lot of doubles that I could never afford. This one is tight and very well made “All American Double”. Plus the maker answers emails and phone calls! I actually paid 10k for this one, not looking to make money, I just want it to go on a hunt, someone to enjoy it.
You bought New for $10k? That’s a good price, I paid $14,000 for my Chapuis .470NE but I added high grade wood and some engraving plus detachable scope mounts....wouldn’t go that fancy again and standard wood is fine, will be selling mine soon to but really love have a double rifle

You bought New for $10k? That’s a good price, I paid $14,000 for my Chapuis .470NE but I added high grade wood and some engraving plus detachable scope mounts....wouldn’t go that fancy again and standard wood is fine, will be selling mine soon to but really love have a double rifle
I did not buy it new. Im pretty sure the animals don’t notice the upgraded wood and many hours of engraving on the rifles. I tho am a sucker for that, just glad I can’t afford it!

I did not buy it new. Im pretty sure the animals don’t notice the upgraded wood and many hours of engraving on the rifles. I tho am a sucker for that, just glad I can’t afford it!
LES7 you got that right - the upgraded wood could’ve paid for a 2nd rifle....wouldn’t do tht again but I do love wood stocks

Hmmm...I'm a lefty, have always wanted a double. But I have a 404J for the heavy stuff, and I'm sure my wife would club me over the head with it if I bought this.

Hmmm...I'm a lefty, have always wanted a double. But I have a 404J for the heavy stuff, and I'm sure my wife would club me over the head with it if I bought this.
haha! might be worth the knot on your head?

haha! might be worth the knot on your head?
IDK, my skull is so hard it would probably dent or bend the barrels. At least I'm told I'm a hard-headed sob.

Stock, triggers & action lever

you will be able to get a few more animals on your hunt with the savings on this rifle. I only ask you send me the pics…. It needs some blood on it!

Stock, triggers & action lever
Most important being the stock and triggers. I actually directed Rigby to make mine with right-handed action lever as that is what I am used to from all the shotgun shooting.

Most important being the stock and triggers. I actually directed Rigby to make mine with right-handed action lever as that is what I am used to from all the shotgun shooting.
Action lever breaks to the right, and it has a neutral cast.
So if you're a wrong hand shooter and can live with the lefty cheek piece and triggers.... this could work?

20231101_165310.jpg
20231101_165152.jpg
20231101_165139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@LES7 If I were selling a left handed Searcy double I would ask Butch Searcy how much he would charge to swap the triggers, inspect and clean the action, and removed the check piece? With that information, a righty might buy this rifle.

Note, what I described is easy work for a talented gunsmith. That is if you can find one.
As I understand it, Butch won't repair one of his guns if anyone else has worked on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosHeis

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.