Scottish hunter

paladin100

AH senior member
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
79
Reaction score
31
Media
4
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Good morning folks from sunny Scotland. I've been on this fine forum for ages but never done an intro.
I live near Perth on the East coast of Scotland and, whilst I did a lot of shotgun shooting at one time, my main interest now is deer stalking - or, I suppose hunting in Africa.
Several rifles from .22 up to Rigby .416.
Just back from a very good hunting trip with Bos en Dal Safaris, based near Koster in South Africa. I will post photos as and when I have time. I think this was my sixth trip to Africa and already looking forward to returning.
Enough just now. This is a great forum
 
good to meet you paladin
did you have a great hunt mate
don't keep us waiting to long to show us your pictures and read your hunt
six trips to gods country ,mate you must have one hell of a trophy hall .
 
Hi Paladin100 glad you've joined in, looking forward to your hunting report and see pics of the trophies taken.
 
Welcome paladin100! Glad you decided finally "jump in". Looking forward to your imput

Bob - sign of an AH addict...posting at 2:36am....:cupcoffee:
 
Welcome to AH paladin100! Looking forward to your contribution...
 
Glad you jumped into for an intro.
Look forward to the report on your hunt.
 
Welcome to AH, paladin100!
 
I'll get the photos posted over the weekend I hope. It seems to take ages to upload them.
At Bos en Dal, this time, I shot, Kudu, Impala, Nyala, Bushbuck, Duiker, Zebra, Reedbuck and a very big Blue Wildebeest bull. All good trophies as I hope you will see.
My motivation in going to Bos en Dal was purely as I did not wish to take yet another internal flight in South Africa. Gerrit came to Oliver Tambo and collected me and took me to the camp. Much more relaxing.
On the first afternoon therefore, we had time to check the rifles and have a drive round the ranch to see the lie of the land.
Hunted two long hard days on two different properties for a big Eland bull but no luck. We saw one early on the first morning but never saw him again. How can an animal so huge disappear - especially when we have two expert trackers to work with? That's hunting however. Great fun.
 
Welcome to AH Paladin! great to have you here!
 
Welcome to the forum, I'm eager to see your pics.
 
Welcome Iain
Good forum and i am sure the folks on here will find all your experiance in shooting and hunting/stalking, helpfull and interesting.

Best Regards
 
Well,I've uploaded a few photos. Not being too clever, I don't know how to incorporate them into a hunt report but I'll continue to look and learn. Hope you like the photos of some good animals.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,460
Members
169,360
Latest member
ManuelHood
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top