Scope for a .375 Ruger

I would not put a red dot scope on it. There is no reason you can’t take 300 yard shots with that rifle, putting on a red dot takes away that option.

Something like a Leupold VX6 1-6 with illuminated reticle can function like a red dot on 1x and let you reach out to 300 yards as well. A higher quality 1-8, also illuminated, even better.

And if a battery fails, it's still a very high quality scope.

What will you use it for and what distance? If going for PG at 300 yards then I'd suggest a 1-8 or so.
I seen the Vortex Crossfire-II 2-7x32, it has over 4" of eye relief.

I would not put a red dot scope on it. There is no reason you can’t take 300 yard shots with that rifle, putting on a red dot takes away that option.
Yeah, I actually keep forgetting how versatile the cartridge really is. I believe it has the same trajectory as a .338 Win Mag.

Something like a Leupold VX6 1-6 with illuminated reticle can function like a red dot on 1x and let you reach out to 300 yards as well. A higher quality 1-8, also illuminated, even better.

And if a battery fails, it's still a very high quality scope.
I will look into them. Thanks!

I would go with a Leupold. I have a 2.5-8x36 on my .375 Stainless Alaskan. It rocks!

This is what I have on my 375 and a 308. In fact I’ll probably replace two other 3.5-10x40’s with this as well. Lightweight with a versatile magnification range.

I have a Leupold VX-3 1.5x5x20 on my 375 Ruger.

I am somewhat skeptical that the Vortex Viper or the Crossfire would stand up well to the recoil of the .375 Ruger.
As has been suggested, a 1-6 or 1-8 is a great option. I have a Leupold VX-6 2x-12x on one of my .375 H&H’s and think it is just about perfect.

Fellas, I've long been a Zeiss fan, and the V4 1-4x24 I can get for $450. It's a 30mm tube, and I already have 30mm rings with the rifle. My last Conquest scope was AMAZING.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20200517-205322_eBay.jpg

I have one just like that. Haven’t used it yet, but I’m going to mount it on a muzzle loader for this season.
I was actually going to recommend this.

I have one mounted on a 375 H&H. Excellent optic for the money.

I also have the Leupold 1.5 x 5 on my 375 Alaskan.

My PH wants me to look at the Nikon M-Tactical 1-4x24. Its half the price of the Zeiss, same in every way, even warranty is the same. I may try it for poops & giggles.

Ignore the highly dangerous poodle in the background. The Nikon came, and it is VERY clear. The 1x still has a slight magnification to it.

I'm going to pulll it back off and finish setting my express sights first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg