AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Safari Club International President Paul Babaz has been nominated to serve on the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association of America.

Babaz, a lifelong hunter and shooter, understands the importance of linking all facets of the shooting sports to expand the overall base and to counter the efforts of those who would deny the right to keep and bear arms and the freedom to hunt.

"I believe in forming strong alliances with other like-minded organizations as there is strength in numbers," SCI President Babaz said. "We have to stand together on the issues that are important to us in order to combat the anti-hunting movement as well as the anti-gun movement.

"Regardless what you hunt or what type of firearm you use, we must stand together to protect the freedom to hunt whatever game we choose to hunt as well as protect the right to own the firearms of our choice," Babaz explained, noting that it also is critical to let the rest of the world know what we are about, why we do what we do and why they should hold us in high esteem.

"We have to do a better job of communicating our message," President Babaz continued. "We are great at talking amongst ourselves, but we need to reach out to those who may not have heard the facts, using all of the resources available to us, including the mainstream media whether we get a fair shake or not. We have a responsibility that reaches beyond ourselves and our time to continue to provide factual information about responsible firearms ownership and shooting, hunting and sustainable use conservation."

President Babaz has asked all SCI members and others who are members of the NRA to vote for him for the NRA Board so he can help both organizations realize their crucial missions and assure a bright future for both hunting and firearms ownership.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

Please note he is only nominated.

I believe the packets to vote are in the current issue of the American Rifleman (and I assume the American Hunter).

Paul is from my area and although he no longer lives here I have met him several times. He seems to be a good guy that will represent us well.

Please vote for Safari Club International President @Paul Babaz who has been nominated to serve on the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association!

And ask your friends to do the same!

Ballots for the NRA Board of Directors are in your February magazine.

nra-2018-ballot.jpg

Safari Club International President Paul Babaz has been nominated to serve on the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association of America.

Babaz, a lifelong hunter and shooter, understands the importance of linking all facets of the shooting sports to expand the overall base and to counter the efforts of those who would deny the right to keep and bear arms and the freedom to hunt.

"I believe in forming strong alliances with other like-minded organizations as there is strength in numbers," SCI President Babaz said. "We have to stand together on the issues that are important to us in order to combat the anti-hunting movement as well as the anti-gun movement.

"Regardless what you hunt or what type of firearm you use, we must stand together to protect the freedom to hunt whatever game we choose to hunt as well as protect the right to own the firearms of our choice," Babaz explained, noting that it also is critical to let the rest of the world know what we are about, why we do what we do and why they should hold us in high esteem.

"We have to do a better job of communicating our message," President Babaz continued. "We are great at talking amongst ourselves, but we need to reach out to those who may not have heard the facts, using all of the resources available to us, including the mainstream media whether we get a fair shake or not. We have a responsibility that reaches beyond ourselves and our time to continue to provide factual information about responsible firearms ownership and shooting, hunting and sustainable use conservation."

President Babaz has asked all SCI members and others who are members of the NRA to vote for him for the NRA Board so he can help both organizations realize their crucial missions and assure a bright future for both hunting and firearms ownership.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

Thank you Jerome for the support! I would appreciate the support of the members here. I'm a life long hunter, and advocate for the freedom to hunt and the 2nd Amendment! I know many of you on here including Mike Burke and others, and appreciate the kind words and support!

paul good for you we need more hunters. I belong to both organizations but sadly I believe the NRA stands up for and supports us better and they don't run from a fight. SCI well I don't always agree with everything SCI does. I do agree that all of us should unify and form strong alliances. SCI tends to run scared sometimes like when you tossed the cecil lion guy under the buss and it basically all turned out to be legal that kinda stunk turning on your own without all the facts. So I will ask you IF I vote for you will you turn on your own again and run scared from the antis and the social media storms without all the facts in?

Thank you Jerome for the support! I would appreciate the support of the members here. I'm a life long hunter, and advocate for the freedom to hunt and the 2nd Amendment! I know many of you on here including Mike Burke and others, and appreciate the kind words and support!

Paul, I'll be very honest with you: The way SCI threw Walter Palmer under the bus during the Cecil the Lion hysteria was not right when his membership was suspended. To my knowledge, SCI never publicly apologized to Dr. Palmer.

So I will say this. I plan to support @Paul Babaz in whatever small way I can.

I've been fairly vocal here that I don't always agree with SCI and I told Paul that and why. He listened and gave me some answers, and he wasn't just blowing smoke, nor did he make any big promises.

Want to know the biggest thing he did IMO though? He reached out to me based off of a comment I made on FB. He didn't have to do that and most wouldn't have. That's worth a lot to me.

So selfishly here is what I see in Paul. An ear to SCI and the NRA that I don't currently have, nor does this forum. I'm hopeful Paul will be our voice and that he will post here when he has time, perhaps even give is some updates and perspectivethat we might otherwise not get.

I don't expect him to explain every decision SCI has ever made. There is zero value in that. I will be plenty happy with him just listening and trying to make some changes and protect our rights as hunters as best be can.

Sir,
As a life member of the NRA I’m very pleased that you’re name has been put on the ballot. As a three year member of the SCI I’m even more pleased that the two organizations may well mutually benefit from your dual service. You have my vote.

Sir,
As a life member of the NRA I’m very pleased that you’re name has been put on the ballot. As a three year member of the SCI I’m even more pleased that the two organizations may well mutually benefit from your dual service. You have my vote.
Sir,
Sir, as a new member I gladly vote for you
Hannes

paul good for you we need more hunters. I belong to both organizations but sadly I believe the NRA stands up for and supports us better and they don't run from a fight. SCI well I don't always agree with everything SCI does. I do agree that all of us should unify and form strong alliances. SCI tends to run scared sometimes like when you tossed the cecil lion guy under the buss and it basically all turned out to be legal that kinda stunk turning on your own without all the facts. So I will ask you IF I vote for you will you turn on your own again and run scared from the antis and the social media storms without all the facts in?
Thank you Buckdog, I appreciate your comments. My term as SCI President began 1July2017 and my goal has been to take the fight to the antis as I agree SCI has played defense way too long when we have the facts and science on our side in regards to sustainable use conservation versus the Anti-Hunters only have emotions and propaganda. Trying to be politically correct will never win a battle. In regards to to Cecil, there is a lot things that played out here that I am not at liberty to disclose. I would be happy to speak to you offline to share what I can. This being said, SCI should have done a better job of communicating to our membership as a little bit of facts goes a long ways and I will take responsibility for the poor communication in scenario and we are indeed working on improving communications to our membership and the general public at large.

So I will say this. I plan to support @Paul Babaz in whatever small way I can.

I've been fairly vocal here that I don't always agree with SCI and I told Paul that and why. He listened and gave me some answers, and he wasn't just blowing smoke, nor did he make any big promises.

Want to know the biggest thing he did IMO though? He reached out to me based off of a comment I made on FB. He didn't have to do that and most wouldn't have. That's worth a lot to me.

So selfishly here is what I see in Paul. An ear to SCI and the NRA that I don't currently have, nor does this forum. I'm hopeful Paul will be our voice and that he will post here when he has time, perhaps even give is some updates and perspectivethat we might otherwise not get.

I don't expect him to explain every decision SCI has ever made. There is zero value in that. I will be plenty happy with him just listening and trying to make some changes and protect our rights as hunters as best be can.
Thank you Royal, I appreciate the support. I will be the first to say that the SCI is certainly not perfect and there is always need for improvement in any organization, but we NEED SCI, just as we need the NRA, and all the other organizations, but more importantly we need to unite as a hunting community to combat the anti-hunting movement. I believe this is the same with most organizations we belong to... we may not always agree what is being done and we may have some beefs with the organization in question, but we belong and support because we at least believe in the core mission of what that group stands for. As an example, I may not always agree 100% with the GOP, but I will certainly continue to support them!

Paul, I'll be very honest with you: The way SCI threw Walter Palmer under the bus during the Cecil the Lion hysteria was not right when his membership was suspended. To my knowledge, SCI never publicly apologized to Dr. Palmer.
.375, I can appreciate where you are coming from, but as I replied to Buckdog earlier there is a great deal more to this story and much that I am not at liberty to share, but I know we could have done a better job in communicating. Please feel free to contact me offline and I would be happy to share what I can.

Please note he is only nominated.

I believe the packets to vote are in the current issue of the American Rifleman (and I assume the American Hunter).

Paul is from my area and although he no longer lives here I have met him several times. He seems to be a good guy that will represent us well.
Thanks Mike, its good to hear from you. Missed seeing you at the Acadiana banquet!

Thank you Royal, I appreciate the support. I will be the first to say that the SCI is certainly not perfect and there is always need for improvement in any organization, but we NEED SCI, just as we need the NRA, and all the other organizations, but more importantly we need to unite as a hunting community to combat the anti-hunting movement. I believe this is the same with most organizations we belong to... we may not always agree what is being done and we may have some beefs with the organization in question, but we belong and support because we at least believe in the core mission of what that group stands for. As an example, I may not always agree 100% with the GOP, but I will certainly continue to support them!

(y)

Thank you Buckdog, I appreciate your comments. My term as SCI President began 1July2017 and my goal has been to take the fight to the antis as I agree SCI has played defense way too long when we have the facts and science on our side in regards to sustainable use conservation versus the Anti-Hunters only have emotions and propaganda. Trying to be politically correct will never win a battle. In regards to to Cecil, there is a lot things that played out here that I am not at liberty to disclose. I would be happy to speak to you offline to share what I can. This being said, SCI should have done a better job of communicating to our membership as a little bit of facts goes a long ways and I will take responsibility for the poor communication in scenario and we are indeed working on improving communications to our membership and the general public at large.
thanks for responding Paul,
I would love to speak with you offline, like royal I have a few issues with SCI. Please send me a PM with your contact info. Like some I feel SCI has been way too politically correct and wastes money sometimes on lost causes and poor choices of priorities. The local chapter in my area is a lost cause and I wont belong or donate etc as they dump all the money to buy goodies for the conservation officers, I truly feel that is a waste that is what my taxpayer dollars and lic fees are for not SCI money that needs to be better used, not buying high dollar toys for the boys in green constantly!!

All,

I was corresponding with another member here and went on a bit of a rant which I suggested he share he wanted to. He suggested I share it myself with AH, so I am posting it below. Although this post is referencing my position within SCI, the same holds true for the NRA. It is a volunteer position and now more then ever gun owners need to be united, all gun owner, regardless of whether you are a hunter, competitive shooter, or collector. I shouldn't matter whether you collect English sidelocks, are you like black rifles (AR's), the fact of the matter is we have to fight to protect each others guns because the anti gun folks don't discriminate, they want to take all firearms! They like to throw around the moniker "Assault Rifle", but when it comes down to it, they want to ban all guns! Starting with firearms with a detachable magazine is just the start. We have to be united..... Below was my reply to another member in regards to the SCI post....

Sorry for the length of this post....

Thanks for the note of support. I had spoke to Rick earlier and encouraged him to get on AH as I believe we should have a presence here, if for nothing else but to dispel the rumors that abound. I will try to be as active as I can on here, and I am sure Rick will as well. Jerome has been great in getting me up to speed and I am grateful.

I'll be the first to say that SCI isn't perfect, but we do catch a lot of flak due to the rumor mill and most originates on another forum where a lot of folks like to pile on without getting all the facts, both sides of the story , or any facts at all. I am happy to speak to anyone and get their feedback on what SCI is doing or not doing. I hear a lot of comments about SCI (both good and bad), and my reply is always the same... to get involved with the local chapter, or volunteer for a committee, etc because "You can choose to get involved and be part of the solution, or sit back, throw stones, and be part of the problem!"

I can't tell you how many times, someone contacts me to tell me about all the things that I'm doing wrong and I typically ask them to get involved on a committee, chapter board, etc. The response is usually the same... "I don't have time...." Really? I have a full time career, 3 daughters, ages 21, 19, and 15, serve on multiple boards in the hunting/shooting community, but yet I find time.

Despite popular belief, SCI doesn't pay me or any of my volunteer colleagues, if anything it costs money to volunteer. Also, we don't take free hunts, free gear, or equipment, etc. For me, I do this because I want to do what I can to be part of the solution, just the same as I vote in every election, lest if forfeit my right to complain about the outcome if it doesn't go the way I want. If I'm not involved, it makes it difficult for me to sit back and be a Monday morning quarterback.

Apologies for the rant, but the owner of another blog has been invited by me to serve on a committee, attend a board meeting, etc. , just to see first hand what SCI is doing and what the facts are, but I've yet to even get a reply.

I appreciate you and everyone here for being so welcoming to Rick and I, and appreciate you being an SCI Member, and hope we can live up to your expectations, because I will so my best. As a hunting community we need to stick together, we may not agree on everything, but I'm pretty sure we agree on 95%, and that should be enough to work on together! Please feel free to reach out anytime to let us know how we can help, or give us a critique, help spread the word, etc.

Good hunting, Paul

p.s. You all can feel free to share my manifesto with all of AH if you'd like. I'm proud to be a hunter and proud to do my part.

Glad to see you and Rick posting here and I hope in some manner it continues.

Life member of SCI and NRA, and although I don't always agree with all the decisions; I hope you will take the time to listen to rank and file members opinion.

Good luck.

Glad to see you and Rick posting here and I hope in some manner it continues.

Life member of SCI and NRA, and although I don't always agree with all the decisions; I hope you will take the time to listen to rank and file members opinion.

Good luck.
Dinsdale, neither SCI nor NRA would exist without the members, so it's imperative for members to have a voice, and moreover, their voice is heard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShoshanaHe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross