SCI Foundation Raises $205,000 For Wildlife Conservation at 2011 Hunters Convention

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
SCI Foundation Raises $205,000 For Wildlife Conservation at 2011 Annual Hunters Convention

Washington, DC – The Safari Club International Foundation (SCIF) raised $205,000 for wildlife conservation through the sale of seven exclusive tags. The auctions for the conservation tags were held during the Safari Club International 2011 Annual Hunters’ Convention.

“I am truly excited to see the amazing response from SCI’s members for the 2011 Conservation Tags,” said SCIF President Joseph Hosmer. “These auction tags are one way SCI members directly contribute to the success of our sustainable management of wildlife in the United States. SCIF will continue to provide more conservation tags to the SCI membership, and thus increase our on-the-ground conservation funding for years to come!”

The 2011 conservation tags included: Arizona Chairman's tag hunt for Rocky Mountain elk for one hunter, donated by the White Mountain Apache Tribe Wildlife & Outdoor Recreation; Navajo Nation special Rocky Mountain mule deer tag donated by the Navajo Nation Department of Fish and Wildlife; Navajo Nation desert bighorn sheep tag donated by the Navajo Nation Department of Fish and Wildlife; 2011 Pennsylvania Conservation Elk Tag; 2011 Alaska Governor's Tok Management Area Dall sheep permit; Montana Blackfeet Reservation bighorn sheep tag; and the Wyoming Governor's 2011 Shiras moose license.

The Independent Charities Seal of Excellence is awarded to the members of Independent Charities of America and Local Independent Charities of America that have, upon rigorous independent review, been able to certify, document, and demonstrate on an annual basis that they meet the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness. These standards include those required by the US Government for inclusion in the Combined Federal Campaign, probably the most exclusive fund drive in the world. Of the 1,000,000 charities operating in the United States today, it is estimated that fewer than 50,000 or 5 percent, meet or exceed these standards, and, of those, fewer than 2,000 have been awarded the Seal.

The SCI Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization that funds and manages worldwide programs dedicated to sustainable science-based wildlife conservation, outdoor education and humanitarian services, including such programs as Sportsmen Against Hunger, Sensory Safari, Safari Care, Disabled Hunter, the American Wilderness Leadership School, Becoming an Outdoors Woman & More and Youth Education Seminars (YES) Outdoors. Visit HOME - Safari Club Foundation for more.

Source: Safari Club International Foundation (SCIF)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross