School research project

Ayaan Jakhura

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zambia, South Africa, Malawi
Good day to whoever this may concern,

I have got a school research essay, namely the Cambridge IPQ and have decided to do an essay on trophy hunting. The title of my essay being "How is trophy hunting on government land in different southern African countries sustainable and beneficial to the environment?" If there is anyone who can provide any help, whether it be from an outfitter who can send data and stats regarding this topic or anyone who has seen any websites/articles and/or books it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ayaan Jakhura

Look up the CAMPFIRE program in Zimbabwe and I think there is a similar one running in Zambia.

If I may be as bold to suggest, that you might like to slightly tweak the essay title to remove 'How'. I'm guessing that this is a discursive essay with impartial analysis and then conclusions drawn from what you've presented. The 'how' tends to preposition the reader to your conclusion and may undermine the impartiality that those who are marking it may expect. It's your essay so I'm happy if you completely ignore me on this......I'm a parent so I'm absolutely used to it lol

Take a look at these - hopefully helpful

There is also a good book by Raymond Bonner - At the Hand of Man : Peril and Hope for Africa's Wildlife

FN

You may also consider providing some comparison and contrast to countries such as Kenya who have banned hunting with disastrous consequences to wildlife and the environment.
Best wishes with your project. Let us know how it turns out.

This is Ron thomson website...you can also try contacting him via email as I am sure he would if he has time give you some assistance...had some interesting chats with him on the phone years ago when I was ordering his set of books..

If I may be as bold to suggest, that you might like to slightly tweak the essay title to remove 'How'. I'm guessing that this is a discursive essay with impartial analysis and then conclusions drawn from what you've presented. The 'how' tends to preposition the reader to your conclusion and may undermine the impartiality that those who are marking it may expect. It's your essay so I'm happy if you completely ignore me on this......I'm a parent so I'm absolutely used to it lol

Take a look at these - hopefully helpful

There is also a good book by Raymond Bonner - At the Hand of Man : Peril and Hope for Africa's Wildlife

FN

Thank you very much for the suggestion. My initial research question was actually “Is trophy hunting on government land in different southern African countries sustainable and beneficial to the environment?” It was my project supervisor who actually suggested to change the is to how is. Also thanks a lot for the other resources, it is much appreciated.

You may also consider providing some comparison and contrast to countries such as Kenya who have banned hunting with disastrous consequences to wildlife and the environment.
Best wishes with your project. Let us know how it turns out.

Thank you I will definitely. I’ll upload the final draft here after submission in October :)

This is Ron thomson website...you can also try contacting him via email as I am sure he would if he has time give you some assistance...had some interesting chats with him on the phone years ago when I was ordering his set of books..

Thank you very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.