Sauer?

USN

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Looking for the experts here to help a newbie out.
Sauer 202 luxe 375 HH 3000. Listed on guns international. I know nothing so good bad and ugly.

Thanks in advance this would be my first so would really like to find a lightly used caprivi but leave for a May hunt and hard to find.

I typed my last in a hurry at work, I am familiar somewhat with colt sauer but not the 202 heck I don’t even know if push or crf. Totally clueless and the people here more knowledgeable than anywhere else, again thanks in advance

I typed my last in a hurry at work, I am familiar somewhat with colt sauer but not the 202 heck I don’t even know if push or crf. Totally clueless and the people here more knowledgeable than anywhere else, again thanks in advance
It would be considered a push feed.
but I’m sure that rifle would surpass all expectations on fit, finish and overall quality. I would bet it shoots as tight as you need.
If it’s priced right!! I bet you would love it.

202 is pushfeed. System barrel, use hex or umbrako and turn out barrel when stock is off. Same bolt and magazine for same caliber type. Swap stocks also into many a configuration.

May be bit temperamental for grit in trigger , discontinued a little while ago in favor of Sauer 404 .

My son's .375 is this exact rifle - purchased for him by his loving father. :cool: Yes it is push feed - a push feed design that seems to work flawlessly. His is extremely accurate. He has taken a cape buffalo and numerous plains game with his. Superb rifle.

I own a Sauer 404 and love it. I have barrels in 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 win mag, 404 Jeffrey. Different Scopes for each Barrel. Shoots a tight group. I also have a Grade 7 wood stock for Africa and dry climates and for Alaska & Canada I switch to my synthetic stocks. One gun case 3 different caliber of rifles.

Alright, now get that rifle in your hands and practice!

It would be considered a push feed.
but I’m sure that rifle would surpass all expectations on fit, finish and overall quality. I would bet it shoots as tight as you need.
If it’s priced right!! I bet you would love it.
Thanks so much

202 is pushfeed. System barrel, use hex or umbrako and turn out barrel when stock is off. Same bolt and magazine for same caliber type. Swap stocks also into many a configuration.

May be bit temperamental for grit in trigger , discontinued a little while ago in favor of Sauer 404 .
Thanks so much

My son's .375 is this exact rifle - purchased for him by his loving father. :cool: Yes it is push feed - a push feed design that seems to work flawlessly. His is extremely accurate. He has taken a cape buffalo and numerous plains game with his. Superb rifle.
Did I tell you I did one of those at home tests and well hello Dad. Thanks left a message at Cabellas gun library

I own a Sauer 404 and love it. I have barrels in 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 win mag, 404 Jeffrey. Different Scopes for each Barrel. Shoots a tight group. I also have a Grade 7 wood stock for Africa and dry climates and for Alaska & Canada I switch to my synthetic stocks. One gun case 3 different caliber of rifles.
Thank you Sir

Dang it just spoke cabellas and sold so the looking continues. I may just use camp guns again in May and save some more and get an ipishi from jj I live in Okc and would be an easy drive and end up with a double. Never held one but have several other Chapuis ..,,,, thanks all and still need one Dad

Dang...
Sauer makes nice rifles. I have a little cousin of the 202: a 205 target rifle in .308. It is obviously well made and the bolt runs very smooth.

Reactions: USN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg