Sauer 404 Iron Sights

JetA1

AH member
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
30
Location
Brisbane, Australia
HI Guys

I have a Sauer 404 with 2 barrels. The irons on the barrels are not the best out there. Hoping someone has or know where I could get something better.

cheers
 
Recknagel almost certainly has what you need. They are a German company but almost certainly ship worldwide. I suggest you contact them. https://www.recknagel.de/en/
 
What’s the barrel profile on 404? If the barrel is the same profile as Blaser, the Blaser specific HI VIZ sights should simply screw in in the place of the current sights. I’ve changed all of my R8 sights to HI VIZ ones, they work much better for me.
 
Recknagel almost certainly has what you need. They are a German company but almost certainly ship worldwide. I suggest you contact them. https://www.recknagel.de/en/
thanks, will give them a try.
What’s the barrel profile on 404? If the barrel is the same profile as Blaser, the Blaser specific HI VIZ sights should simply screw in in the place of the current sights. I’ve changed all of my R8 sights to HI VIZ ones, they work much better for me.
Is that the Brand Hi Viz? will see if I can track some down, thanks.
 
Is that the Brand Hi Viz? will see if I can track some down, thanks.

Yes, but Blaser distributes a version with specific fit to their barrels. Sauer, Mauser and Blaser barrels come from the same place if I’m not mistaken so in all likelihood the profiles are the same too. I’ll be back home on Monday so I can measure the exact thickness at the point of front and rear sight and post pictures of what the sights look like. If I forget feel free to send a PM to remind me. I find these sights are much better than the standard ones.
 
Yes, but Blaser distributes a version with specific fit to their barrels. Sauer, Mauser and Blaser barrels come from the same place if I’m not mistaken so in all likelihood the profiles are the same too. I’ll be back home on Monday so I can measure the exact thickness at the point of front and rear sight and post pictures of what the sights look like. If I forget feel free to send a PM to remind me. I find these sights are much better than the standard ones.
Ah i see, thanks, will have to see if I can find someone that sells them here in OZ.
the ones it comes with are quite horrible.
 
HI Guys

I have a Sauer 404 with 2 barrels. The irons on the barrels are not the best out there. Hoping someone has or know where I could get something better.

cheers

Hello,

Recently I bought 404 high visibility sights from Zamirex in Bulgaria. While they are expensive, they provide a great improvement over the plain sights.

The sights were very easy to install. It took only 5 minutes. Also included is the correct Allen key to loosen the lock screw on the front of the front sight. The rear sight is held in place with a screw on the top of the sight base.

Here is the Zamirex Link: https://zarimex.eu/index.php/fltr/stock_status,7?route=product/search&search=sauer 404&page=2

I have added photos of the mounted sights on my .308 barrel.

John

Front Sight.jpg
Rear Sight.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.30 PM.png
    617.7 KB · Views: 224
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.31 PM.png
    973.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.33 PM.png
    887 KB · Views: 196
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.35 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Recently I bought 404 high visibility sights from Zamirex in Bulgaria. While they are expensive, they provide a great improvement over the plain sights.

The sights were very easy to install. It took only 5 minutes. Also included is the correct Allen key to loosen the lock screw on the front of the front sight. The rear sight is held in place with a screw on the top of the sight base.

Here is the Zamirex Link: https://zarimex.eu/index.php/fltr/stock_status,7?route=product/search&search=sauer 404&page=2

I have added photos of the mounted sights on my .308 barrel.

John

View attachment 506838View attachment 506839
Thank you, they look good!

Are they better and easier to shoot with?
 
Yes because the eye is automatically drawn to the red dot centered in the hi viz rear sight knotch.
 
Yes because the eye is automatically drawn to the red dot centered in the hi viz rear sight knotch.
Good to hear, I like them, however, it looks like I cant get them for some reason, maybe they don't ship to Australia. thanks again anyway
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,350
Messages
1,573,762
Members
169,847
Latest member
good88credit
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top