Sauer 404 Iron Sights

JetA1

AH member
Reaction score
HI Guys

I have a Sauer 404 with 2 barrels. The irons on the barrels are not the best out there. Hoping someone has or know where I could get something better.

cheers

Recknagel almost certainly has what you need. They are a German company but almost certainly ship worldwide. I suggest you contact them. https://www.recknagel.de/en/

What’s the barrel profile on 404? If the barrel is the same profile as Blaser, the Blaser specific HI VIZ sights should simply screw in in the place of the current sights. I’ve changed all of my R8 sights to HI VIZ ones, they work much better for me.

Recknagel almost certainly has what you need. They are a German company but almost certainly ship worldwide. I suggest you contact them. https://www.recknagel.de/en/
thanks, will give them a try.
What’s the barrel profile on 404? If the barrel is the same profile as Blaser, the Blaser specific HI VIZ sights should simply screw in in the place of the current sights. I’ve changed all of my R8 sights to HI VIZ ones, they work much better for me.
Is that the Brand Hi Viz? will see if I can track some down, thanks.

Is that the Brand Hi Viz? will see if I can track some down, thanks.

Yes, but Blaser distributes a version with specific fit to their barrels. Sauer, Mauser and Blaser barrels come from the same place if I’m not mistaken so in all likelihood the profiles are the same too. I’ll be back home on Monday so I can measure the exact thickness at the point of front and rear sight and post pictures of what the sights look like. If I forget feel free to send a PM to remind me. I find these sights are much better than the standard ones.

Yes, but Blaser distributes a version with specific fit to their barrels. Sauer, Mauser and Blaser barrels come from the same place if I’m not mistaken so in all likelihood the profiles are the same too. I’ll be back home on Monday so I can measure the exact thickness at the point of front and rear sight and post pictures of what the sights look like. If I forget feel free to send a PM to remind me. I find these sights are much better than the standard ones.
Ah i see, thanks, will have to see if I can find someone that sells them here in OZ.
the ones it comes with are quite horrible.

HI Guys

I have a Sauer 404 with 2 barrels. The irons on the barrels are not the best out there. Hoping someone has or know where I could get something better.

cheers

Hello,

Recently I bought 404 high visibility sights from Zamirex in Bulgaria. While they are expensive, they provide a great improvement over the plain sights.

The sights were very easy to install. It took only 5 minutes. Also included is the correct Allen key to loosen the lock screw on the front of the front sight. The rear sight is held in place with a screw on the top of the sight base.

Here is the Zamirex Link: https://zarimex.eu/index.php/fltr/stock_status,7?route=product/search&search=sauer 404&page=2

I have added photos of the mounted sights on my .308 barrel.

John

Front Sight.jpg
Rear Sight.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.30 PM.png
    617.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.31 PM.png
    973.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.33 PM.png
    887 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 1.57.35 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Recently I bought 404 high visibility sights from Zamirex in Bulgaria. While they are expensive, they provide a great improvement over the plain sights.

The sights were very easy to install. It took only 5 minutes. Also included is the correct Allen key to loosen the lock screw on the front of the front sight. The rear sight is held in place with a screw on the top of the sight base.

Here is the Zamirex Link: https://zarimex.eu/index.php/fltr/stock_status,7?route=product/search&search=sauer 404&page=2

I have added photos of the mounted sights on my .308 barrel.

John

View attachment 506838View attachment 506839
Thank you, they look good!

Are they better and easier to shoot with?

Yes because the eye is automatically drawn to the red dot centered in the hi viz rear sight knotch.

Yes because the eye is automatically drawn to the red dot centered in the hi viz rear sight knotch.
Good to hear, I like them, however, it looks like I cant get them for some reason, maybe they don't ship to Australia. thanks again anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinaabu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.